ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many people have got theses subs?

1 Series Coupe
Nothing at the moment... today i have just ordered:

Pioneer TS-G1349 - 13cm 130W Two Way Speakers
Pioneer TS-W306C x 2 12" subs - Plus Double Sealed Box
Pioneer TSA-6911 6 X 9 Speakers 330W

I have already got Pioneer P6800MP headunit, & gettin a JBL amp sorted...

1 Series Coupe
lol... i know you lot dont like 6x9s and subs... but i am gunna give it a-go, see what it sounds like... if it is too much... i will ebay them! :)

Clio 01 1.2 8v - Rapid
Hi

Ppl **** off 6x9's but set up write they'll give your system alot of volume. My mates got 2 of those subs hooked up to a mono amp and they are pucker. He has a nova and wont turn them up full cus he reckons he'll blow his back window. lol.

But anyway door speakers for the higer frequencies, 6x9 for the mids and subs for the lowers and tune your system so each speaker does the right frequency.

Dan

Nike Lunar Elite's
Danman1210 said:
Hi

Ppl **** off 6x9's but set up write they'll give your system alot of volume. My mates got 2 of those subs hooked up to a mono amp and they are pucker. He has a nova and wont turn them up full cus he reckons he'll blow his back window. lol.

But anyway door speakers for the higer frequencies, 6x9 for the mids and subs for the lowers and tune your system so each speaker does the right frequency.

Dan

Door speakers dont play high frequencies (thats the job for the tweeters) they produce midrange. A system doesn't need 'volume.' People **** off 6x9s because they deserve to be slagged off. Rear speakers are simply not required (I've ripped out the oe ones and not replaced them). 6x9s ruin the soundstage and try to be a jack of all trades, and fail miserably in all areas!!!

hydeyho said:
Door speakers dont play high frequencies (thats the job for the tweeters) they produce midrange. A system doesn't need 'volume.' People **** off 6x9s because they deserve to be slagged off. Rear speakers are simply not required (I've ripped out the oe ones and not replaced them). 6x9s ruin the soundstage and try to be a jack of all trades, and fail miserably in all areas!!!

Couldn't agree more. 6x9's are only really needed if you want some cheap speakers to give you a little bit of everything.

In a proper set-up with tweeters, mids and subs, they're just a waste of money, and ruin the potential of the overall sound quality.

1 Series Coupe
Danman1210 said:
Hi

Dan

I am gunna give it ago, installing them... see what they sound like... if i like the sound i will keep it... if i dont, i will ebay them... simple as.... but my mate has fronts, rears, and subs... and his system sounds quality...

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
If you are getting fronts and subs you really won't need them, and I'm sure your system's sound quality will be better with them unplugged.

Because they play higher frequencies as well as lower frequencies, they will pull the soundstage (where you perceive the music is coming from) towards the back of the car when it should be focused in the front where you are.

The fronts will play the mids and highs, the subs will play the lows and if set to the correct crossover frequency, shouldn't be directional. So you'll hear everything you need without 6x9's.

Fair enough though as you've already bought them. Try them in for a week and out for a week, setting up your system to sound best to you each time, and then decide.

Oh and when you get the amp, simply run the 6x9's off the HU. You'll only need to amp up the fronts and subs. Those two are the most important to be amped for sound quality.

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
I know they're cheap but the spec's aren't great for them, 89db signal to noise isn't great and the box size they are recommended to run in would be about normal, if it was ten years ago...

Polo + Micra
i don't see a problem with them tbh

400wRms sub

89 dB sensitivity is about right

and a 0.8 to 1.7 cu.ft enclosure size(0.8 would be best)