ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many miles to warm up

As above. I know it will depend (slightly) on outside temp. but how far or how long do ppl run theirs for b4 giving it some?

Ive noticed that temp gauge reads normal after only about 2 miles, but i wouldnt have thought thats enough for the oil to have warmed up properly, am i right?

your right oil temp does take longer

I normally wait 5-10 mins or so. depends on what type of driving your doing as well, it takes about 10 mins to my water temp up to normall during my 30 miniute crawl home from work

I normally wait until the end of the road!

I only plan to keep it for two years so everything should be covered under warranty (thats if anything does go wrong)

My thoughts are: if you are paying good money for a car - I am not saying rev the nuts of it 100% of the time but just enjoy it! No need to be too conservative IMHO

don't

usually wait about 5-10 mins before going over 4k revs, try 2 stick to under 3k when in first few mins really

last night was first time id given it some proper abuse for ages, was stressed and music was up and i was bored of sitting at 55-60mph so let rip, and didnt wana stop, especially as some bloke wanted a little play on the way home aswel

some ppl just rag there cars stupid from start up, best 2 leave it a while and not redline it

megane coupe F7R

Id wait at least 20min before giving it a thrashin. My valver water temp comes up within 5 to 10mins. But my oil temp dont come up to full temp til bout 20 to 25 mins. Oil is much thicker and takes a while.Its a shame the new clio 172/182 dont have oil temp and pressure gauges.

[Edited by Andyvalver on 23 November 2004 at 4:02pm]

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Trouble I have is the motorway. Keep it below 3.5k on the way to the motorway in the morning 5-7 mins, but once Im on the revs start to rise ;)

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 23 November 2004
Day172, be thankful you dont have to drive 60 miles, each way, and get up at 4.00am to get there :sleep:
Why would you do that?

Move closer you fool ;) - 20-30 mins appears to be the minimum required!

takes about 10 mins for my Oil temp guage to move a bit.. then about 15/20 to get to a decent way up..

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 23 November 2004

Day172, be thankful you dont have to drive 60 miles, each way, and get up at 4.00am to get there :sleep:

Why would you do that?

Move closer you fool ;) - 20-30 mins appears to be the minimum required!

Thankfully im only there temp., should be back at my normal workplace in about 6 months. Then only 20 miles each way;)

RX-8

On the next RS they should fit the oil lights like those on the M cars, which tell you when the oils up to temp would be handy!