ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many keyless entry cards with R27

Clio200 EDC Lux
2 with my 197 so would think its the same. Takes a bit of getting used to, it so easy just keep it in your pocket no need to use the buttons on it. Can still remeber the first couple times reaching to turn the key LOL.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Does the car lock when you walk away, if the engine is running then you walk away does it stop?

If the keycard is in my house would i stil be able to open the car? What range does it have?

Clio200 EDC Lux
Its like this when you put your hand in the handle to open the door it unlocks, jump in and hit start.

Hit stop... jump out and there a little button on the door handle push that lights flash, door locks and alarm activates.

If the car is running and you get out the engine does not stop it just beeps and dispaly card not in range or something.

You have to be close to the car to unlock it and start it.

If the battery goes flat in the card there is a normal key inside the card which you can unlock the doors via the passengers door, insert the card in the socket and it will start. So no worries about being foooked if the battery dies.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
hmm pressing a button on the door handle is a little crap if i'm honest.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
don't knock it till you try it. it is really quite smart and i really like the systme now. at first it was tre weird. you could always just plip it instead on leaving if the button doesn't take your fancy.

I tohught you had to press it twice to arm alarm though? i am probably wrong.

2 with my 197 so would think its the same. Takes a bit of getting used to, it so easy just keep it in your pocket no need to use the buttons on it. Can still remeber the first couple times reaching to turn the key LOL.

2 with my mark 3 :rasp:

i love it :D i dont even lock it from the drivers the ive got a choice of 5drs to use :eek: but again im easly amused the push button start is fun too :D

don't knock it till you try it. it is really quite smart and i really like the systme now. at first it was tre weird. you could always just plip it instead on leaving if the button doesn't take your fancy.

I tohught you had to press it twice to arm alarm though? i am probably wrong.

two times dead locks it ;)

Clio200 EDC Lux
the button you can't reallly see it blends in with handle, you can always use the button on the card to lock / unlock the doors anyway

My boss has a standard megane, first time I took it out couldn't get the hang of how to get in, thought it would just magically unlock cos I had the key card in my bag ;) Looked like a right numpty :eek: ... and thought it might lock when I walked away a certain distance from it... but it didn't!

If you use the key card blip it once to lock, twice to set the alarm. If you press the button on the door, that locks it and sets the alarm.... I was told anyway...

Last edited:
as copyed from my hand book
deadlocking doors and tailgate (some countries)

this allows you to lock the doors an tailgate and to prevent
the doors from being opened with the interior handles
(breaking the windows an then trying open the doors from the inside)

to activate press the lock button on your card or the door handle twice in quick succession the hazrd warning lights flash 5times t indicate this

:D ive finaly found something useful to post :eek:

and to prove my point ive just been out in the dark to test this granted i just left my window open ;)

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Deadlocking just stops people smashing the windows and opening the door from the inside (they would have to climb through the broken shards of glass to get inside :)

I am quite suprised the Mk2 Clio's don't have it tbh, they have auto lights and locks, but deadlocking is a useful feature and it doesn't have it...

320d
Keyless entry sounds interesting, i love the remote central locking on my car but keyless entry sounds even cooler

an you get a big button :D to start it (it makes an early drive to work fun somehow :eek: )its standed on 197s i paid for mine its an expensive option :eek:

but i love it :D worth every penny

Last edited:
  RS 200
I always press the button on the handle twice, press it once and the indicators flash slowly, press it twice and they flash fast to let you know its activated.

Also if you didnt know there also a button to lock the car the same way the handle buttons do in the Renault diamond on the boot. Press the rubber in the middle of the Renault badge.

Clown Car
Also if you didnt know there also a button to lock the car the same way the handle buttons do in the Renault diamond on the boot. Press the rubber in the middle of the Renault badge.

Also If it is the same system that is fitted to the Megane, you can unlock and open just the boot by the handle on the boot, it should not unlock any other door, then locking it by the rubber switch in the middle of the diamond.

You should also be able to switch the ignition on into the accessory posistion by having the card in the slot or in your pocket and pressing the start button without pressing the clutch or brake pedal.

IIRC the Megane also had a 'Valet' parking mode for the key cards where you could program one key to just open the doors and start the car but not unlock the boot, has the MK3 got that function?.

a thirsty one
i was at my local renault dealers last week and while waiting i sat in the new 197, must have had the keycard nearby as it said on the dash.

"press brake pedal and push start button for engine"

if you stood nest to your car with the keycard and let a mate drive off how far would they get until it stops?