ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low can u go (16v’er)

Ive just put a set of 17" alloys on my 16Ver and want to know how low u can go?

Cos std those wheels are well tucked up in the front arches! can it go any lower on the front.

Its easy to see u can drop the back a few inches (i think).

There must be some slammed 16vers on 17" out there with some advise?!?

Cheers

Andy

I know some people with 17" on their 16Vs and they have lowered it 40mm, but I dont think you can go any lower.

Ive got mine on 16s and lowered it about 10 cm, but its a bit too low actually. Last monday I lowered it a bit more, but my driveshaft was constantly rubbing the chassis and the tyres were rubbing the arches everywhere. It looked very very cool though, just 2 inches of clearance with the front bumper and the road surface.:cool:

mine is lowered 40mm all round on 17s although it seems lower than that at the rear due to my install weighing the back down, 40mm should be fine, minimal rubbing, if any (could just be plastic inner arches), i think some people have gone lower on 17s? hope this helps