ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How louds your exhaust?

VW T4 van, 172 cup
Iv just bought a 182 manifold for my 172 cup track car and need to buy a whole manifold back exhaust. want to run a decat with the exhaust to get the best performance possible. As i have read on here beford autodrome are really strict on decibel limits. wondered what people are running and how loud.

im looking at the k-tec recessed exhaust with a decat atm. anyone running one of these?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yozza cat-back, with a standard manifold and cat. Ran either 96dB or 98dB at cadwell, cant remember now. But the scale is logarithmic iirc so a slightly larger number is actually a big increase in noise.

a thirsty one
182 with decat and btb is 98 or 99 iirc

if you run yours with a single back box 172 style it may well be quite loud, silenced decat?

PH2 172
I got a prospeed stealth car back with small middle box small sized backbox and a decat and i must say its pretty loud need get it tested see what the DB are

VW T4 van, 172 cup
at the moment its got some random exhaust which im pritty sure isent even from a clio. Iv talked to k-tec today about there exhausts and they think i will need a centre silencer to keep it quiet enough. iv read a bit on here about btb. with the risk of sounding like a noob what it is and where can you get them?

DMS

A thirsty 172
I have the K-Tec Supersport (no centre silencer) and a decat. It's VERY loud, especially with the back end stripped out. Sounds OK though.

Clio 172 Cup
at the moment its got some random exhaust which im pritty sure isent even from a clio. Iv talked to k-tec today about there exhausts and they think i will need a centre silencer to keep it quiet enough. iv read a bit on here about btb. with the risk of sounding like a noob what it is and where can you get them?

BTB are at http://www.stealth4clio.co.uk/ - mines been on a few weeks now & I'm impressed. Not too loud but slightly 'raspy', seemed to improve pick up & acceleration on my 172 Cup too. Glad I went with BTB after considering Yozza & K-Tec systems.

Looking for 182
Milltek with standard CAT here and it's plenty loud enough for me. I don't particularly like drawing attention to myself, I am only in a Clio after all :p

172 ph1
Mine with decat and a cheap chinese exhaust got 106dB, in front of five or six traffic cops. Then they gave me a ticket. A couple of days later I bought a metallic catalyst. :coffee: