ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How loud is a magnex on a 182?

RenaultSport Clio 182
Just thinking about buying a magnex cat-back for my 182, but don't want it if it's too loud or obtrusive. The motorway drone you get with some performance systems makes me suicidal!

looking for 172 cup
i had a magnex on mime mate, not very loud really :) but the exhaust was crap had it changed 3 times :( have a prospeed now and would really recommend

Clio 197
Sometimes I read these posts, and think that the standard system is actually very good!

My standard system has put up with some serious abuse over 50,000. I only got the 3-4k rattle at around 45,000.

Some of these "performance" exhausts aren't lasting that long from what I've read.

Focus ST
Speak to Rory on the BlueFlame Grp buy. You may still be able to jummp on board. For the price they're askin its worth a try....

tiTTy & SV650
not really heard any good things about magnex on 182s TBH.

Groupbuy price still available for Blueflame, they designed the system to be unobtrusive at motorway speeds, havent got mine yet so cant really comment. But pics and vids below... price £231 + £15 delivery with lifetime warranty, it's 3" pipe from the cat back and 3.5" slash cut tailpipes.

feedback from owners:

"At idle it sounds meatier than the original but not obtrusive and when your just normally driveing/motorway it isn't obtrusive or 'boomy' but when you put your foot down it sounds really good and gradually starts to 'whistle' as you get to around 7k."

"bit boomier than standard at 80, around no overly loud, you don't get any unwanted attention so not gonna scare old dears. find a tunnel and you won't care. mate of mine was set on a ctr, took him thru some of the queensway tunnels in brum, he's gettin 182 in july."

"Blueflame exhausts are designed for the enthuiasts i.e. they are a bit meatier than standard but not obtrusive and as quiet as possible at motorway speeds. Its more a quality thing than a noise thing."

"i bought mine about 2 months ago for around the £300 mark and its worth every penny. Any one wondering if its worth it or arnt sure just do it you wont regret it! it can be loud between 3-4k but its bloody good fun."

cog3.gif

cog2.gif

cog1.gif

182zorst.jpg

th_RenaultClio182Drivebymov.jpg

th_RenaultClio182Accelerationmov.gif

Last edited:
  RenaultSport Clio 182
Thanks for that Rory, might well take your advice. Didn't realise Magnex systems had that many problems, always had them on previous cars and never a problem! Thanks guys

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Really want one,(blueflame) but I think It wouldnt be fair on the mrs's parents, as they go to bed at 7 ish in the evening, and I often need to reverse onto their drive late. And he goes to work at 3 in the morning! Plus 5 year old kid!

Anyone got a vid or clip of one idling, and driving slowly?

Thanks!

clio 200 F4Rt
you want the best exhaust for the 182... BTB is the way to go. They will be ready in a few weeks, taking deposits now.

do a search and see all the positive comments.

It is a true performance system, not something knocked up, to sound ROOOOOD!!!

tiTTy & SV650
blueflame arent the best quality but the noise suits me i.e. its not designed to sound 'ruuuude ' quite subtle but a little more agressive than standard and its very much value for money, backed up with a lifetime warranty.