ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how long for springs to settle?

non sport
Me and my mate lowered my 1.2 yesterday on spax 40mm all round. the trouble is its still sitting like a drag car...the rear just doesnt look lowered...if anything it looks higher!
my mate (who knows more than me!!) says that it just needs to settle but surely it should have settled over night?

thanks for helping out

106 GTI
Usually waiting for springs to settle means it wont look any different lol, may drop 5 mm which you would hardly notice.

Get some bags of sand in the back like the real boys used to do it

BMW E30 325iiiiii
go drive it round loads of backroads, get them loosened up, coul take a couple of weeks....wats ure waiting for is the steel in the springs to start giving some flex under the weight of the car. so the more u drive the more it loosens.

non sport
got ya. iv not taken out out much prob just done about 10 mile...so il take it out for a spin. nothin else i can do to help the process?...apart from bags of sand?

non sport
without getting too technical:eek: iv looked under the arch at the rear and on the passenger side i can see metal at the the top of the shock and on the drivers side i cant. surely this isnt sitting right???....

BMW E36 328
yeh doesnt happen over night, you probs wont get that much of a drop after they have settled in but it just takes time bud

non sport
fair do's...im just a litle concerned as it doesnt seem to have lowered the rear at all...i can fit my fist in there without touching the wheel or arch!!

Evo 8 MR
Mine sat the same height when I fitted the apex kit to mine, I had to sit and bounce on it a few times to get it to sit lower, maybe that's what yours needs.

non sport
Mine sat the same height when I fitted the apex kit to mine, I had to sit and bounce on it a few times to get it to sit lower, maybe that's what yours needs.

tried that...even got my fat mate in the boot haha!!by the looks of it its fairly standard practice so suppose im just going to have to be patient

non sport
update: iv been driving it around bounced on the boot and everything else i can think of and its still sitting high...just so you know, we're talking 6 inches between arch and wheel!!, is there anything that might be stuck or not done properly like the pistons etc...anything i can check that might contribute to this drag racer?

Mk2 172
Me and my mate lowered my 1.2 yesterday on spax 40mm all round. the trouble is its still sitting like a drag car...the rear just doesnt look lowered...if anything it looks higher!
my mate (who knows more than me!!) says that it just needs to settle but surely it should have settled over night?

thanks for helping out

ten miles. Its not gonna change alot at all.

TBH it's pretty hard to mess up fitting the rear springs as they're a piece of piss, so he must have done seriously stupid to get it so wrong.

non sport
i wish i could justify spending £400 on suspension!!haha!!unfortunatly its all on a budget which is why i got my mate on it. he did my last car fine so i dont think hes done anything wrong but it just doesnt seem right.i would get photos up but at the mo i got to work in the dark and come home in the dark. is there anything i can check??