ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Long Does your rain repellent last?

Not a 320d
OK so with all these claims knocking about ragarding 30,000 mile durability id be interested to know the truth on durability.

Nanolex, Rain Racer, Rain X, G3 etc.

Personally, I use Rain Racer. Its what was kicking around in my girlfriends dad's garage and he uses it on his own cars. So, about a 2 years ago, having never used a rain repellent before, I applied it. Durability lasts 3 years, apparantly. I will be replacing it soon as im nearly out.

Now on side windows I have to say it most likely does. I can vouch for a 335i I look after having it on for 2 years and the side windows still sheeted and beaded fairly well at this time.

BUT, the windscreen, notably where the wipers have been, was non existant. My cars the same. Side windows last bloody agers, but the windscreen protection will wear off after about 1-2 months especially if its been raining a lot. Itll sheet water in the wiper area but none of this beading you get, and if you dont top it up when it needs it its actually fairly difficult to see out the window especially at night.

Just curious. The BMW's I maintain last a lot longer than my clio does though. Wonder if its poor quality Renault wipers? Bosch Aeros might be in order.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Poor product mate.

G3/G1 would blow them out the water no matter what wipers were being used.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I've got Nanolex on half of my windscreen atm & lasting extremely well. Think I applied it start of Jan.

I also have dodo juices glass kit but not tried it yet!

Bumder With A Buffer
For me...

carlack_glass_kit.jpg

Lasted 4 months (put it on in August time and it died over the winter with cold weather/salt on the roads. I bet that "IF" I didn't do so many miles it would last a lot longer.

To be perfectly honest, I've never used a specific one. I've always SRP'd or waxed my glass. I do so few miles and always have done, so this lasts 6 months at a time. On my old Clio, my windows were smashed in on the side quite early on. The new replacements beaded from the start and never ceased. Therefore they never had a need to be protected.

Both the above scenarios beaded above 30mph.

I will, however, be replacing the front and rear screens on my Panzer soon and will be putting G3 on them. Purely as I won the products in a competition. No other reason.

Not a 320d
Poor product mate.

G3/G1 would blow them out the water no matter what wipers were being used.

I wonder if it actually would. Like I said it lasts and lasts on the other windows. It still sheets water, but without the origional enthusiasm!

White Sti Hatch
Ive had G1 on all my car winodws for around 8 months i think and its still going strong !

STEALTH RAIDER
G3 is a chemical weapon in my eyes. Recommends 3 coats on the front screen. I polished with g4 first, ipa, g3 and ipa again as the resudie is quite tough and horrible for the first coat. Couldnt be bothered so i only settled for a single coat. 5 months on, 3000k later and is still like day one. One word, SUPERB :D