ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long does it take to get a V5 once youve applied for a new one

RenaultSport 200
hey guys..

I know this isn't a problem with the car itself but in my eyes is still a problem regarding the car lol

recently bought a 200 from a dealer who brilliantly lost the V5 for the car.. they have applied for a new one and tell me it will be 2 weeks until I can pick up my car but ive been told it could take up to 12 weeks from other people... could anyone shed some light on the amount of time il be waiting for the V5? Cheers

~James

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
i would say you are at the mercy of the lcoal DVLA office, 12 weeks is drasticlaly over kill, in many cases it will only take as long as when you send off a log book to register a new owner, or atleast in principal.
but busy times does have an effect on lead time, id say no more than 3 - 4 weeks at the absolute most.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's not as simple as ordering a new V5.

The DVLA have to write to the previous owner to ask them if they've sold the car. They have to give that owner 4 weeks (iirc) to reply. If the owner doesn't reply or says yes i've sold it, the DVLA will then issue a new V5.