ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long do No-Claims Bonuses last?

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
I'm thinking about getting another car and i have a couple of years no-claims on another policy seperate to the one i have for the Clio. I have not used this policy since 2003 so is the bonus still applicable or has it run out? Cheers.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Cheers guys.

This is really weird. I just got off the phone from Norwich Union explaining that i wanted to see if my no-claims i had on my old Ka was still valid and if i could still use them. Apparently they are still valid but here is the weird thing - i only had the car for just over a year but they are telling me i have 5 years no-claims on it! I asked the guy to make sure as i did not understand how i had managed to get 5 years and to make sure the no-claims were not from the policy i have now on my Clio and it all checked out. And he's sending me proof of the 5 years no-claims! I'm not knocking it but it seems very odd.

That is really strange, deffo get the five years proof in writing.

With regard to ncd - it used to be two years. Maybe it's changed then as everyone else has said one year, maybe it depends on the insurer ?

Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
I tried a few insurers about a year ago and it was a 2 year gap. Really annoying as it was about 2 1/2 years that it had lapsed for as I was using a company car and I'd had built up 6 years no claims. They wouldn't even let it continue even though I had been driving a company car in the meantime. I think it was Admiral, Bell and Elephant that I talked to.

If you're getting the 5 years for free then you're onto a winner!

Golf GTI 1.8T
I'm pretty sure its 2 years. I haven't ridden for a year and a half but wanted to get a bike this year so I didn't lose my 3 years NCB.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
I'll wait and see what turns up in the post. I questioned it several times but he said it was right and that i'd get a proof of no-claims delivered along with a quote for the vehicle! Quick - everyone to the Norwich for free NCB!!!