ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How is your battery secured?

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi all, today I took out my battery to give everything a clean as it was becoming very filthly, the battery was fastened in with cable ties. now its all back together what is the best way to secure it so it won't move around? surely you don't have to use cable ties? cheers

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The clamp doesn't do a damn thing on mine, the raised lip on the battery tray that keeps it in place has snapped off,
so I took a strap off an old sports bag and fed it under the battery tray to strap the thing down.

The strap keeps it secure enough for the clamp to do it's job.

S4 Avant
The clamp doesn't do a damn thing on mine, the raised lip on the battery tray that keeps it in place has snapped off,
so I took a strap off an old sports bag and fed it under the battery tray to strap the thing down.

The strap keeps it secure enough for the clamp to do it's job.

Get one from the scrappy.

Quite common for the bolts to cross thread on them as well. I found that hammering one of the lips flatter meant I could get the threads to mesh again.

S4 Avant
You're talking to the king of pikey fixes.

The clios exhaust used to be held on purely with cable ties and hope.
I spent 3 weeks driving around with a dead alternator, by removing the battery every night and charging it up.
I used two forklifts as a 2 post ramp to change an exhaust once...

The list goes on.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Funny you should say that because my exhaust is currently held on by hopes, dreams and zip ties,
and before I got my alternator reconned I was charging my battery everyday too,
then blagging strangers to let me jump start my car off their battery when I was out and about.

1.2 16v Dynamique
think i'll have to, another problem i have is the positive contact on the battery has snapped so its just slid on at the moment! so now i need a new battery, i knew i shouldn't have taken it off -.-

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
As already discussed, they don't work if the raised lip on your battery tray's snapped off,
as is the case with mine and the OP's.

1.2 16v Dynamique
thanks ben though. and i'm not going to use my car until i have a new battery because if i brake the battery slides and the positive terminal will come off, i'll have to cable tie it in when i can buy some tomorrow.