ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how have people amped there front components?

Milano Premier CTR
How have people amped up there front components?
Have you put speaker cable through into the doar? if so how did you get it through?
or have you just connected on to the oe cable instead of bothering to get the cable into the doar?
i have a mk ph2 :)

Mondeo STTDCI
When I amped mine in my 1.2 Extreme I cut and shut into the OE loom. Its not ideal by any means but sounded fine. If you wanna do a proper job you need to drill the doors and the sill and use rubber bungs etc.

BMW 118d
I have mine amped, and at the moment the wire runs through the door then across the gap then hidden behind the trim upto the crossover

Polo + Micra
i don't see the point in up grading the cable until you start putting 80wRMS+ to the mid in the door.

i'm using my hu's active x-over to run my fronts from all 4 channels

BMW M135i
I've just done this this weekend, looked at getting cable into the doors and decided that it just wasn't worth the hassle of doing. What I did in the end was buy this :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5876701175&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Cut the power side off and soldered four 5m runs of speaker cable to the speaker iso and ran them under the carpet and connected them to my amp, plugged the other end into the loom iso plug and bingo amped speakers all round. Not pushing much more than 50w max so can't see it being a problem doing it that way, sound quality improvement was worth the 1 1/2hrs it took to make the cable.

Milano Premier CTR
im going to be running 110 rms to my speakers.
where is the wire that i can cut into so that i can just connect my new wireing into it and i dont have to put any new wireing into the doars then?

dynamique_g said:
im going to be running 110 rms to my speakers.
where is the wire that i can cut into so that i can just connect my new wireing into it and i dont have to put any new wireing into the doars then?

you will see the 2 wires for each side going into the loom into the doors. To make things easier, you can unclip the wiring harness going into the doors. Just slide the retaining clip up, and the connector should come apart. makes things much easier.

careful which ones you cut though :)

muz

big fat japanese bus
Dink said:
i don't see the point in up grading the cable until you start putting 80wRMS+ to the mid in the door.

i'm using my hu's active x-over to run my fronts from all 4 channels

bigger wire= less resistance= better bass reproduction

if you have 14 m of speaker cable like me then you need it.

I have done it I cheated tbh will show piccies later

clio si dti
take the plug off that runs from the pillar to door, think its got a torx screw in it theres usually a gap at the bottom or somewhere drill a hole on both side of the plug feed wire through and fit the plug back together

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I shorted the rear speaker connections to the front speaker connections with a dummy iso plug behind the head unit.

Then ran tiny extension cables from the amp to the rear speaker cables.

Mainly because I'm lazy. My head unit doesn't have a built in amp so I have no choice but to fit an amp in the boot. Didn't bother wiring the rear speakers up again, can't say I miss them.

I'm using the standard stock speakers. (again because I'm lazy).

did the same on my mk1. took the plug apart drilled the top and feed quality speaker wire though the original door wiring. made a real difference but i,m running focal k2 components off a genesis four way amp so really needed to be done.

GOLF GT TDI
i am in the process of doing this as Dink knows i like loud systems as hes seen my other treads just putting in alpine components 120 rms each so i need to upgrade and using another precision power amp in the boot :)

GOLF GT TDI
i finshed mine a while ago, i have Bi Wired my front components with a 4 channel amp one for each tweeter and one for each woofer in the door, by doing this you get alot more control on how you want it to sound.

Tesla MP3 2021
in my old car i had the front components running of 1 of my 4 chn amps...
i just lay new cable from the boot to under the seats where i placed the crossover(it had to go there as there was no where else to put it lol) and then ran both sets of cables to the doors- i had to drill into the doors and use a gromit as there was too much cable to put through the original loom:)

Clio 1.4 16v
OK, i'll try and explain, In my old car I had the amp in the boot with the speaker cables running down each side. I then hid the crossover in the dash console, repleaced the standard components with the uprated ones and wired them directly from the crossover, then wired the crossover to the door speaker by connecting it to the Original front speaker cable at the back of the head unit, simple enough.

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
Its real easy to run cable through to your doors, i amped up my type-r alpine components that way. just remove the rubber from where it attatches to you car from the door, the plastic plugs have loads of gaps with no connectors, total waste of space, used my dremmel with a drill attatchment to drill out enough space to feed cable through, very quick job, and no worry of amping up my electric windows or something!!! lol