ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how hard is it

Started doing this myself to my old RSi (discs all round) and found that the bearings (certainly the back ones) required pressing into the discs with a few tonnes of force!!! This also means its a ba*tard to get the old bearings out of the discs if you want to keep them... I gave up on it and asked a mate who worked at Renault to sort it for me as they have a special machine...

Matt

clio 20v

yeh ull need a press to get the old ones out and new ones in otherwise its not hard if ur reasonably handy with the spanners ive done a few on differant cars

ive just bought new discs for the back from bb and they pressed the bearings in for me

adi

to a garage it might need to go then

how much r wheel bearings?

and how much should i be looking at labour time?

clio 20v

think my rear ones were about 50 quid for the pair, prob bout same for front labour wise id probably say about £30 per side

unless its really noisy id leave it till they are cos its hard to track down which 1 it is if thers only a slight rumble specially on the back, on the front it should only make a noise when steering in one direction as when cornering u take the load off the bearing

adi

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

took mine to the garage for the front bearings and b******s said needed new driveshaft and gearbox mounts! not cheap.

Quote: Originally posted by JamesG on 20 January 2003

took mine to the garage for the front bearings and b******s said needed new driveshaft and gearbox mounts! not cheap.
why do garages feel the need to lie ALL the damn time?

Bearings are a pain mate - look through some of the old threads too, one of mine took summin 22 tons of pressure to get out and left a great big hole in the garage floor!