ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How easy is it...

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
it costs a small fortune for the stuff iirc especially the dash.

172 /megane cab
if your car has the sat nav your all right if not you got to track down the dash bit first. im sure every one has said there a hell of alot of money for what they are

There is a sat nav top dash for sale on here, in the for sale section.

It's meant to be a complete balls ache to retro fit the sat nav though.

ahh screw it, didnt know if it would be as simple as pulling the old stuff out and fitting the sat nav...

looks pretty good though if its all fitted

thanks guys

A few on here have done it (mike of rentech for example) but unless you want to start messing with wiring looms & that, it's a hard job.

if I bought the stuff I might be able to get someone to fit it hopefully...

so all I would need is the dash and the screen?

its a pipe dream at the minute, but you never know

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
pm mike@rentech he will know everything you need and how much it cost

If your considering it, get the top dash part now, they don't come along that often at all ! You could always sell it on if you decide not to do it.

I've no idea how it all goes together tbh, just that it's not easy.

You'll need the microphone bit up by the interior light too - the voice for the sat nav speaks through it (if your going to install the sat nav) You would also need the unit in the boot too (again if your going to run it OE stylee) plus you'd need the disc, oh and probably to change the roof antenna too.

I think thats about it.

172 /megane cab
what cat said if you do want to do it snap that one thats for sale up you never see them for sale

ive sent the guy who is selling it a message so ill see what he says... sounds dead easy to fit :) yoghurt pot and sticky back plastic and ill be up and running

172 /megane cab
what would put me off is some mug thinking its some flash sat nav and doin ya window for it then f ing up ya dash for it or am i just thinking like that cos im from dagenham

i lie... i thought id sent the guy a message about the dash, turns out that was VERY old...

where was the one for sale in the for sale section?