ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How easy is it to colour match the 182 anthracite alloys?

I've seen the IXEL code on here, but I was wondering how easy it is for shops to match the original with this code? I really love the way the wheels glow and shine when clean, but I've got a few chips and kerb marks from the previous owner that I'd like to sort at some point. Just really scared about the colour coming out all wrong!

Anybody have any experience in matching the original colour and finish? Thanks

I've seen the IXEL code on here, but I was wondering how easy it is for shops to match the original with this code? I really love the way the wheels glow and shine when clean, but I've got a few chips and kerb marks from the previous owner that I'd like to sort at some point. Just really scared about the colour coming out all wrong!

Anybody have any experience in matching the original colour and finish? Thanks

I'd say its nothing to get too concerned about. I've no personal experience but the two previous owners of my 182 were fastidious in maintaining it and there are several receipts for wheel repairs. Its seems three separate companies have done a total of five different repair jobs and when I bought it at 6 years old the wheels still looked like new. None of the repairs were for a full wheel refurb and I cannot tell what/where any of the repairs were so I guess the paint match was not a problem. Sorry no actual first-hand experience but I hope that is constructive

I've had two cans of "we'll mix any colour" from Autopaint St Helens and was astonished with the match. Did several touch ups on 3 wheels, both with & without filler, and a total back-to-metal refurb on a 4th. Colour match was outstanding, barely needed to blend it in at all.

Obviously the colour match of 10 year old paint is down to how much sunlight & abuse it's seen etc. but I would've thought heavily lacquered matt/gloss alloy wheel paint is far easier to match than any of the Renault ID colours used for bodywork anyway.

Might be worth asking about paint matches/correction for 10 years of sunlight in the detailing section?

Thanks for the replies, I was planning on getting them fully refurbished at some point and just didn't want them to come back without the same glow!

Renault Clio182 bean
I had this issue, I Just decided to refurb them myself in a slightly darker colour and im very happy with the results :) Ive put 2 pics of mine in to give you some ideas to think about.

DSC_0147_zpse801710e.jpg

Veeerycleanclio_zps6a2466ef.jpg

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I would take the car to a decent paint mixer, they will have a look and should be able to get you a pretty good match visually...it may need tweaking a little so it has the correct look in sun compared to paint as it is. Even though the paint has a single code, there will be several slight variants, so best checked by an expert. :)