ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How dodgy

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=101498&PagePosition=3Selling the clio at the moment, just got this e-mail:

"Hi there,
I will like to purchase the above item that you have forsale over the net for an associate who is keen of buying it.As the seller,i will like to confirm from you the present condition of the item and its cost.Payment will be made through a certified cheque drawn on British Bank.
Thanks and am located in Africa.
Phill. "

Dodgy? Hmm! It seems 90% of the people Ive had contact me are either wanting me to pay an £80 advance fee for their "waiting buyers", or ship it to africa probably for a cheque far in advance of the price of the car... :cry:

Well dodgy, they get a guy to send you a cheque for more than the car is worth and tell you to forward on the remaining amount. They will say they owe them it of something. The cheque seems to clear and then doesnt. So you are out of pocket by a few £000s.

Heard about this before, do not do it!