ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you tighten hand brake on 172

clio 172 sport, zxr6
how do you tighten the hand brake on a 2002 172? is it under the exhaust heat sheild or in the car? any ideas please

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Im gonna do mine this morning so I will let you know. Should be the same adjustment although mine has drums. Its usually located under the car around the centre and its just a case of turning a plastic adjusting nut which takes up the slack on the cable but as we are talking about the French here I'm not 100%

Last edited:
  172 cup'd extreme
Under the car take the heatsheild off its the big one in the middle. Under there is the adjustment thing it has a 10mm bolt on the end just tighten to your delight

to tighten the hand brake.

There is a lever just behind the gear slector, just pull that up and they will come on.

Lots of Alfas
Some Clios have an adjusting nut on the actual leaver which can tighten the tension of the cable, pull the plastic cover off and have a look. Another easy solution is just to wack some new rear pads in.