ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you tell a 172 from a 182?

clio 1.2
Obviously the rear end is different with the exhausts and they have different HP. Are there any other features that sent the cars apart?

Mondeo STTDCI
Wheels.
Exhaust.
Rear bumper.
Interior (182 has little white dots under the alcantara).
Colours - 182 only in Titanium as opposed to platinum. Arctic Blue as opposed to Mondial or Monaco. Trophy Red opposed to Flame Red. Racing Blue. And of course the ID colours Yellow, Petrol/Paddock Blue/Green.

clio 1.2
See im thinking of buying what i consider a proper clio by the end of the year. I really like the first 172's apposed to the mk2 ph2 version. what are your views?

Shhh
Big giveaway is the plate.

Think the first 182's were sold on a 53 plate. Anything before that is a 172. Anything after is a 182. Only in the 53 plate era you need to be looking hard.

Mondeo STTDCI
clio_1.2 said:
See im thinking of buying what i consider a proper clio by the end of the year. I really like the first 172's apposed to the mk2 ph2 version. what are your views?

Still look great. A lot cheaper. More exclusive looking (less on the road from what I can tell)

wheels , exhaust pipes , anything reg wise after 04plate i think is 182
not much else on exterior though:approve:

tiTTy & SV650
clio_1.2 said:

there's neither more 'proper' than the other, that's a just a daft comment. The Williams and Valver are more 'proper' clio...

anyway...

mk1 172 is nice, much cheaper to buy, faster than mk2 172 etc etc... I'd consider one when the time comes I want a sub £5k car again...

Glacier White 197 Cup
AliasOmega said:
Big giveaway is the plate.

Think the first 182's were sold on a 53 plate. Anything before that is a 172. Anything after is a 182. Only in the 53 plate era you need to be looking hard.

I have a 04 plate 172 :S

M140i/Orange 182
^^there was still some unregistered 172's i take it. ive seen one blue 04 plate 172 before.

clio 1.2
Didn't mean to offend rory but compared to my 1.2 they are. And i was asking bout 172 and 182 as i would want a newer car. there still nice cars but a bit older than what i was looking at.

1.9 Diesel RT
rory182 said:
there's neither more 'proper' than the other, that's a just a daft comment. The Williams and Valver are more 'proper' clio...

oh how I agree with that. Williams and Valvers will beat 'em any time!!

tiTTy & SV650
clio_1.2 said:
Didn't mean to offend rory but compared to my 1.2 they are. And i was asking bout 172 and 182 as i would want a newer car. there still nice cars but a bit older than what i was looking at.

didnt offend me but I'm totally lost you said u like the mk1 172 and now you say its too old.

:S