ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you know if its been maped ect

172 cup
The idle is a good indicator of a map being on a car. Most maps will idle at 1100-1200 rpm when cold then 1000 rpm warm. Other than that only really by having plugged into a reader.

As above if no proof very unlikely it has, not many people would throw away a £1000+ receipt. Is there a receipt for the belts being changed?

clio 172 cup
It's just when it gets to about 4.5 k 5k in the revs it takes off like a rocket ! Do they all do that ?
There is a whole file of paper work will look through it when I get time

clio 182 trophy
Is it true that if it has been mapped that this is not very noticeable when you reach 5250rpm, as the torque curve has been smoothed out? I ask this as I don't get a "5k kick", my car just seems to increase it's rate of acceleration at a noticeable rate. Thanks

Clio RS 200 Gordini
If its been remapped it will put out 400BHP and you will keep up with Bugatti Veyrons easy mate.

EBay told me this, it must be true.

Is it true that if it has been mapped that this is not very noticeable when you reach 5250rpm, as the torque curve has been smoothed out? I ask this as I don't get a "5k kick", my car just seems to increase it's rate of acceleration at a noticeable rate. Thanks

This 5K 'kick' is defiantly less noticeable when they have been mapped as they produce better power/ torque through the rev ranger rather than a large portion at once , admittedly there's not much gains at all from a map on a standard car other than driveabilty !

The Fastchip RS tuner 98ron map is a common map on 182s as it's cheap easy and all doable yourself, you can plug it in a see , but the most obvious way is idle , if it idles at around 800rpm when warm , it's standard , if it's more like a 1000rpm , it's most likely mapped these are both when the engines warm mate, also the rev limiter is increased from 7250 to 7500 iirc !

clio 182 trophy
This 5K 'kick' is defiantly less noticeable when they have been mapped as they produce better power/ torque through the rev ranger rather than a large portion at once , admittedly there's not much gains at all from a map on a standard car other than driveabilty !

The Fastchip RS tuner 98ron map is a common map on 182s as it's cheap easy and all doable yourself, you can plug it in a see , but the most obvious way is idle , if it idles at around 800rpm when warm , it's standard , if it's more like a 1000rpm , it's most likely mapped these are both when the engines warm mate, also the rev limiter is increased from 7250 to 7500 iirc !

Thanks for the reply mate, really appreciate the help! Mines does idle at 1000rpm when warm (all temps) but the rev limiter is definitely not 7.5k. I have said on cliotrophy that I was not sure as I have not been in a 172/182, so I have no benchmark for performance. If you use full throttle in 2nd at say 2750-3000 it does respond nicely but at 5250k it is then smooth and not 'aggressive' as some people have mentioned. I have seen people comment that theirs is flat all the way to 5250 and then it seems to come alive. This is why I had concerns and suspicions. I also heard people mention the timing, which made me even more paranoid.lol. Again, thanks.

Steff

Thanks for the reply mate, really appreciate the help! Mines does idle at 1000rpm when warm (all temps) but the rev limiter is definitely not 7.5k. I have said on cliotrophy that I was not sure as I have not been in a 172/182, so I have no benchmark for performance. If you use full throttle in 2nd at say 2750-3000 it does respond nicely but at 5250k it is then smooth and not 'aggressive' as some people have mentioned. I have seen people comment that theirs is flat all the way to 5250 and then it seems to come alive. This is why I had concerns and suspicions. I also heard people mention the timing, which made me even more paranoid.lol. Again, thanks.

Steff

No problem Steff, it could be a custom map from a tuner with a different style , although as you say I've heard the 'kick' is a lot less obvious when the timing isn't bang on!

Is there any proof of Cambelt/Dephaser replacement ? And if so whom?

Mine felt like a whole new car when the belts and dephaser were done properly , I found that it's very obvious when they were done in increase in performance , but mine had been belted badly before ! Lol