ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you do a screen print of a full window?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm not an I.T guru as you know.

There stuff out of scroll vision which i want in. Must be the full window.

Thanks - Ali

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
This should help you too.

printscreen.jpg

CTRL + Print screen
Why Ctrl? PrtScn by itself screen prints, Alt + PrtScn for active window. Should then be in the clipboard for pasting.

Just reread what you were looking for, don't think you can copy stuff out of view.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Why not?, alt + print screen just does the window you are working on, but if you need to capture anything with scroll bars you are screwed AFAIK

I just read the title.

Work it out yourself you rude caaant.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why not?, alt + print screen just does the window you are working on, but if you need to capture anything with scroll bars you are screwed AFAIK

I just read the title.

Work it out yourself you rude caaant.

Not a case of being rude! You just didn't read it properly!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
ALT doesn't work either. Cuts of the tool bar which is fine, but doesn't get the whole window in.

Never mind.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's "print screen" lol

then just paste it somewhere like paint.

Barge
I think the issue here is Ali wants a whole document screen printed... So what lies further down the page, e.g. when you scroll down. Not just what he can see on his immediate screen.

TBH, I'm not sure you can do that. I'd probably have a think about what it is you want to print... Can the document be turned into another format, like an image?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
imagine you're window open (Computer screen for clarity) and you can't see the whole page! If i Print Screen it will only capture whats in view...All clear?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
There's something in vista called a screen sniping tool, try that?

(Probably using XP tbh)

Told you you didn't word it properly.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I think the issue here is you want a whole document screen printed... So what lies further down the page, e.g. when you scroll down. Not just what he can see on your immediate screen.

TBH, I'm not sure you can do that. I'd probably have a think about what it is you want to print... Can the document be turned into another format, like an image?

Claps! Exactly...It may well not be possible! just asking! if it's not then tough i'll go without.

Barge
I have that on Windows 7 too, Tom. It's a bit like a screen print, but you can save it as a jpeg, etc.

I'll try a custom snip and see if it makes a difference...

EDIT: Nope... doesn't work. It just snips the screen you can see. Is it a word doc, Ali?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The only other (easy) way is to bang up the screen res and then print the screen.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
There's something in vista called a screen sniping tool, try that?

(Probably using XP tbh)

Told you you didn't word it properly.

Correct. Professional. Don't know if that makes a diff...Doubt it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I have that on Windows 7 too, Tom. It's a bit like a screen print, but you can save it as a jpeg, etc.

I'll try a custom snip and see if it makes a difference...

EDIT: Nope... doesn't work. It just snips the screen you can see. Is it a word doc, Ali?

Nah. It's an ARAMARK system tool. Web based.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As in it runs in IE?

Ctrl + A, Copy and then paste it into paint/word?

Barge
Hmmm. And you can't do two screen dumps just for ease? I'd screen dump one half, paste it into paint, screen dump the other half paste that into paint and merge them together as discreetly as you can. Save as a jpeg > print.

Cupra
I use a screen shot app called Hypersnap. It can automatically capture a full window. There are probably some free apps which can do it too.

2wg9lzn.jpg