ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you clean a car in direct sunlight?

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
Tried a few times and the sun always drys the water before i get round to drying it, leaving dirty marks behind.

Is there a technique to it? ..Like wash and dry each panel at a time or something?

Thanks!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
You could add a Quick Detailer to aid you when Drying, Should remove the water marks as you dry

Si

RS Clio 172
I try and cool the panels as much as possible before i start. then i'll do it a panel at a time. i'll aslo use a QD when drying to ensure there's lubrication going down. lol.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
yeh i was gonna dry it then quick detail it.
but i thought id just be moving all the dirt around.

so I should QD whillee drying?

i just left it dirty in the end lol.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
sponge and a bucket is a nightmare in the sun, streaks galore,

so i tend to go round with a microfibre cloth afterwards to get each panel clean

db

db detailing™
I work my way around the car washing as normal... only difference is that instead of rinsing the part you have just done... drench the whole car! This keeps it wet ready for when you come to drying. Then use a QD as said to help you dry with no water marks.

Oh.... 1k posts!! Woohoo! :D

I avoid it as much as i can, Wait for the evening when its cooler, Cool down the panels with cold water before.

Then if the panels are still hot i make sure i dry it before theres time for water marks, And use a Quick Detailer as an aid.

182 Full of Fat
Wash each panel seperatly then once I've finished I will go over the car using the sheet method so all panels are wet....then dry as normal.