ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you attach a front splitter?

bg 182
hi iv have just recieved my front splitter off ebay, i think it is a skoda one. Do you have to drill holes in it to attach it?

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Not the best few pics but, i found it easiest to take off the bumper, line the splitter up (start in the middle) tape it into place, i didn't bother with pilot holes the plastic seems very soft and used about 20 self tappers to hold it in place
IMG_0975.gif

You should have a little overlap at each end like this
IMG_0983.gif

then i just used a stanley to cut the ends off
IMG_0985.gif

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
also forgot to say cut off these little raised parts, will make it sit better under the bumper,
IMG_0969.gif

and should look like this (sorry for the condition of my bumper, needs a respray)
IMG_0979.gif

sport 172
i cut the end bits off and then glued them back on at the ends so it looks normal.Think its better than just cutting straight down

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
i cut the end bits off and then glued them back on at the ends so it looks normal.Think its better than just cutting straight down

What? :S

You dont have to take the bumper off, just raise the car high enough to get a drill/screw driver under it