ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you all get away with it?

'91 Clio RT =D
How do you all get away with the illegal license plates

I mean I no the 3/4 ones are, and the white ph-quick rep has white plates on the back which are illegal

But

how do you not get pulled over and fined for it?

Cheers

Craig

P.S. oh and is having the plate at the top of your window screen illegal as well

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
depends on where you live really. around my area you can drive on doggy plates and no one cares. A few miles up the road in Miltion keynes its almost a SWAT team type pull-over

'91 Clio RT =D
yer, but i mean like driving up the motorway to the fcs for example as well as where u live, I live right by a cop shop :/

Clio 200
i have an illegally spaced plate but its standard font size etc and isnt majorley illegal so get off with it it should be K333 NYD but ive spaced it K333NY D yet to have a dig. ****touch wood****

and i stay right next to the traffic cop station

I mean I no the 3/4 ones are, and the white ph-quick rep has white plates on the back which are illegal

But

Cheers

Craig

P.S. oh and is having the plate at the top of your window screen illegal as well

how do u know the white plates on the back arent show plates?? as in he could have put them on at FCS

BMW E92/Audi S3

But

Cheers

Craig

how do u know the white plates on the back arent show plates?? as in he could have put them on at FCS

+1

'91 Clio RT =D
yer thats a good point - show plates

any word on the window screen plates?

I suppose it's down to if the cops can be bothered to pull you and do the paper work?

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Never been pulled for my undersized plates. My TVR has a 1/4 size front plate as well. On bikes, nothing really caught me up to pull me over about a mini plate. Coppers would barely notice a 3/4 size front on a small car.

In my experience with friends pulled up, they are more concerned with dodgy spacing or changing numbers/letters a bit with screws or angles to make it read like something else.

RX8 231 ps (modified)
had some on for 4 months and had a randon stop and search and still dont care! A lot depends on the car you drive and a lot on how bored the policeman is that day!

As above.

If it's an obvious change so it looks like a name then a lot of the time they'll let it go because if anything you're making it more memorable should an accident occur and someone need to remember your plate!

16v Dynamique
I was pulled on the M6 for my plates. They were full size but just thinner lettering. Had them on for about a year and been doing 300+ miles every week and never had any bother before though.