ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I?

172 cup
ha ha very funny - dont mock just cos I dont know:dapprove: Thanks for the useful info anyway (not)

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
Lol

sand down woteva part your doing.....spray relevent primer e.g grey/black whatever......leave for 24hrs spray final coat so your chosen colour for you black....dry and then laquer easy as 1 . 2 . 3 doing my car at moment :) once garage fond me the rite fecking colour!!!

M2 Competition
Lol, serious reply. Take the car into a bodyshop and get a quote for them to spray the parts. They'll match the colour of your bumper strips/ side rubbing strips to the colour of the car body.

If you didnt know what it was why do you want it done?!

172 cup
Lol, serious reply. Take the car into a bodyshop and get a quote for them to spray the parts. They'll match the colour of your bumper strips/ side rubbing strips to the colour of the car body.

If you didnt know what it was why do you want it done?!

I knew what it was.....as in it matches the car - didnt know how to do it

M2 Competition
No worries hun. If you've not sprayed before best to get a garage to do it for you (i wouldnt attempt it myself as would bug me if it wasnt right) dont think they charge much as its only a small part that wants spraying.

No worries hun. If you've not sprayed before best to get a garage to do it for you (i wouldnt attempt it myself as would bug me if it wasnt right) dont think they charge much as its only a small part that wants spraying.

preparing the work is what costs more as it takes time etc

Car less once more
spraying is harder than it sound on a car like messed around with paint for years but when it came to sortin the rust on me back arches it didnt look spot on but was ok and i didnt have a cule bout laquer! didnt resuch proply that my problem but next time

M2 Competition
spraying is harder than it sound on a car like messed around with paint for years but when it came to sortin the rust on me back arches it didnt look spot on but was ok and i didnt have a cule bout laquer! didnt resuch proply that my problem but next time

Yes.

172 cup
Does anyone know what I need to buy and where I can get it from to colour code my side bumper strips - also can you do the front and back bumper i.e. do these come off easily?

Storm Grey 200
Does anyone know what I need to buy and where I can get it from to colour code my side bumper strips - also can you do the front and back bumper i.e. do these come off easily?

I'd stick with the side strips first, get yourself one large can of primer, 1/2 cans of colour and 1/2 cans of laquer. The quantitys all really differ with different people.

172 cup

I'd stick with the side strips first, get yourself one large can of primer, 1/2 cans of colour and 1/2 cans of laquer. The quantitys all really differ with different people.

Where do I get it from? Would I get it from Halfords or somewhere? Is it primer, colour then laquar.......im quite nervous about doing it but really want to give it a go. Do they come off easy enough, how do you get them off?

Storm Grey 200
Strips just slide off, push them with the base of your hands towards the front for the back, and the back to the front, for the back. I just used Halfords stuff and its fine. Make sure you prep the plastic so it is SMOOTH, or the finish wont be good. Start with some 240/320 grade to get the harsh bumps off and slowely get smoother finishing with 1200-ish. Then primer, i did 3 layers and then gave them a go over with 1200 paper. Then applied colour, so that it was totally covered. And wacked on lots of laquer for a high gloss finish.

172 cup
Strips just slide off, push them with the base of your hands towards the front for the back, and the back to the front, for the back. I just used Halfords stuff and its fine. Make sure you prep the plastic so it is SMOOTH, or the finish wont be good. Start with some 240/320 grade to get the harsh bumps off and slowely get smoother finishing with 1200-ish. Then primer, i did 3 layers and then gave them a go over with 1200 paper. Then applied colour, so that it was totally covered. And wacked on lots of laquer for a high gloss finish.

Hummmm righto I shall give this a go - hopefully wont be too hard.