ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I strip anti tamper box cover off???

clio
Hi got a 2002 1.2ltr Clio and have the dreaded dash light on.
Have tried most of the things that I can find on here except checking the wiring cominig from the ECU cover (the one that chaffs wires).
How do I get the anti tamper cover off?????:dapprove::dapprove::dapprove:

Clio 172
if you are talking about the computer at the back of the engine, you need a mirror and something like a right angled pick. There is a hole with a wheel with lots of little circles in it. You have to roll the wheel upwards (i.e towards your face :) ) until it free's off. Can take a while

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
Mine just pulled off. No need for anything really. I remember thinking its a crap anti tamper device if you can just lift it off. I would suggest putting it in the bin before it does some major damage like mine did. New wireing loom was needed.

Clio 172
Any other members wana give me their idea on how to get it off???

did ours not work?

Mine just pulled off. No need for anything really. I remember thinking its a crap anti tamper device if you can just lift it off. I would suggest putting it in the bin before it does some major damage like mine did. New wireing loom was needed.

Thats only if your very lucky, 9 times out of ten they are difficult to get off

Skoda Fabia vRS
the advice above is spot on, its the exact advice the lads at work give to people (i work at Renault)

Skoda Fabia vRS
yup one of em did say that the other week when i had a customer asking about it

a replacement loom will be in stock at most dealers if its cut into it that bad, the part number ends in '202', we sometimes keep 2 in stock

clio
THanks guys will be taking a real good look at this Monday morning.
If I need a new loom do I have to get the ecu reprogramed?????
Any idea of cost of loom???

Clio 172
no ecu re-program required. You will need to get under the car though as some go down the back to where the oil filter is. It isn't a 5 min job

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
Yeah, it not a 5 min job but can be done with taking it to a garage. I managed to do mine. Just a pain in the ass in some places. When you take one plug out, stick the new one in. Just take your time