ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I remove the plastic fog light surrounds on my 172 ph.2?

PH.2 'berg 172
I want to spray my fog surronds gloss black (too match my grilles) & I was wondering how I remove the surrounds so I can properly prep them without masking them on the car.

All advice appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Get a flat head screwdriver or butter knife behind them and lever them off,
they're made out of a kind of rubbery plastic so they're quite bendy and won't snap.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Failing that it's bumper off :)

FLOL be normal!!!

It will be indeed, I only recently purchased the car and want to spray the the front & rear diamonds any idea how they come off...

Front one is the same butter knife trick of working your way round it until it pops off,
it's held in with 3 long pins so you have to be carefull or they'll snap.

For the rear you'll need to remove the plastic cowling on the inside of the boot,
you'll see 3 nuts holding the rear diamond section on, once you've unscrewed them,
the whole rear diamond section just pulls off.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol that'd be the first thing I'd do if I wanted to remove anything but the top grill :eek:

The rear diamond Is glued to the boot handle, so pick off the glue, paint it, then regular :)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Pick off the glue? :S

Far easier to just remove the whole section, mask it up, sand, primer x2, paint x2, lacquer x3 / x4.

Put back on, stand back, take a pic, then shove it in everyone's faces on here. :approve:

RearDiamondlowres.jpg

PH.2 'berg 172
Pick off the glue? :S

Far easier to just remove the whole section, mask it up, sand, primer x2, paint x2, lacquer x3 / x4.

Put back on, stand back, take a pic, then shove it in everyone's faces on here. :approve:

RearDiamondlowres.jpg

Cheers for the advise guys, i'll get i done and post some pics....