ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I make a fibreglass mould?

Bye Bye 182....
Anyone got any ideas how I can make a fibreglass mould to go in the cup holder part of the 182's dash as im having a sat nav screen fitted and want the clock display to stay.

Im planning on fitting the clock into this fibreglass mould so that I can keep the original display from the HU and changer (Before anyone says - no I dont want a new HU)

Any ideas on how I can make this or a company that could make this for me? Thanks

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi im interested in this aswell, had a look round but no one seems to sell a moulding for the clio, they are available for other motors. To make one from fibreglass think you have to mould one using clay first.

Any fibreglass laminating company can do this. As I'm not sure which part of the dash you mean, I can't give advice on how to make the mould yourself.

Best way to do anything if you're wanting to keep the original is to make a quick mould off the part you want to be changed, then use the mould and glass up a replica of the part. On the replica, cut it up, filler it or whatever to make the shape of the new part. Take a mould off that and then you've got your final product and mould, with the original in perfect condition

Bye Bye 182....
Its the centre section of the dash where the clock and temp is. The one where the standard hu displays on. I want to take the clock and put it lower down under the ac control panel by where the can holders are. Any ideas on what steps I sould take?

Vectra :(
Sorry to hi-jak but i have been wondering about something like this, i want some gauges (mainly for oil temp) but then thought about having maybe 3 gauges in the space where the cup holders are. Anyone know any places or garages etc in the northwest that do this kind of things?

Bye Bye 182....
Lam7r said:
Sorry to hi-jak but i have been wondering about something like this, i want some gauges (mainly for oil temp) but then thought about having maybe 3 gauges in the space where the cup holders are. Anyone know any places or garages etc in the northwest that do this kind of things?

Daemon Tweeks. You can order the guages by mail order if required however I dont know where I could get the fibreglass mould made hence the thread

muz

big fat japanese bus
okay

you need to mask up the area you are going to FG, you canget really good stuff from www.cfsnet.co.uk (THey are FG suppliers)

then layer FG on to the part you wnat to make, once hardened remover then use filler to make smooth.

Its a tricky process and very time consuming, plus you will probobly throw away 2 or 3 ones till you get one perfect but apart from payin someone ££££ to make you one this is the best way to do t.