ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i lock the flywheel to remove the crank pulley, engine in car

Megane 225
New to this forum so apologies if this has already been asked - just point me to the right thread. How do i safely lock the flywheel to remove the crank pulley bolt. It is a late 2005 megane 225 F4R but i think the engine is similar to clio 197's. I have heard that putting a pin in the TDC timing hole near the base of the dipstick is not strong enough to hold the crank and instead I need to use a large flat blade screwdriver to lock the flywheel somehow - where to i access the flywheel teeth with the bellhousing still attached to the engine? Or anyone got a better method?

Renault Clio 172
Never done it on that engine but i usually take the starter out to lock the flywheel mate

Clio 172
Not seen one of them engines but on the clios it's at the back by the driveshaft. Quite easy to miss unless you get right under with a good torch.