ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do i change my discs/pads

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
i have new discs and pads ready to fit to the car. ive watched somebody do one on my mates fiesta so i know roughly what im doing. is there a guide or anything anywhere?

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
I've had a look at the guide but it doesnt show how to change the discs. I have to remove the caliper don't I? then I can slip the old disc off and put the new one on? am i right?

I've had a look at the guide but it doesnt show how to change the discs. I have to remove the caliper don't I? then I can slip the old disc off and put the new one on? am i right?

Get the thingie which holds the caliper to the hub off (the one which hold the disk from comming off) then there might be 2 thorx bolts holding the disk on either try get them out or drill them out there always a pain.

transit van, ph2 172
if you got to ask how to do it maybe u should watch sombody do it again, just incase u make a booby before tring it ur self, it is brakes after all,

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
wee question. when forcing apart the piston in the caliper... does it stay open? or does it snap shut again?

im going to go to the scrappy tommorrow and have a practice so i know exactly what im doing.

Suzuki Ignis
stay's open, gotta push really hard. Might need to loosen the cap off the break fluid reservoir and wrap a cloth round to catch any overspill. Once its all done you might need to syringe(sp?) some of the fluid out to get it down to at least the max. level

Don't think you really need a practise, just take your time to do the first and remember or make note of what way things come off. Took me about an hour to do the first one and 20mins to do the other first time i did it. But a practise aint aint gunna hurt anyone so if it reasures you then go for it.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
ok so i went to the scrappy to have a play bout. I think im getting the jist of it. excuse me if its a supid question, but where exactly is the piston im supposed to compress?

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
See above the guys knuckles there is a round tube, that the piston which you need to puch back in, I used a G glamp and it went in very quickly.