ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How difficult is it to replace a bootlid

i have next to no experience with the technical side of cars so was wondering whether it is easy enough to replace a bootlid myself. Obviously this includes all the wiring for the locks the heated window, break light and washer hose. is it possible to give it a go myself??

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
Unscrew spoiler, should be 4 or 6 torx (Star) shaped screws underneath the spoiler, unclip brake light cable and washer hose. remove spoiler. remove boot card behind the lock and unplug wiper motor and lock and unscrew them to replace on new item.. wiper motor will be a b*****d. see if you can get the motor left in on your new one. . un bolt the boot lid, again under the spoiler and remove. add the removed parts to your new bootlid and reverse the instruction :) its not a difficult task, i managed to do it and i have no mechanical training and a little internet car knowledge. take your time, should be easy. old duvet works well to protect paint while swaping bits over on the yard :)

Last edited: