ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How clean can you get without using a MIT?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Just recently bought the magifoam and new nilfisk e130 and got to test it at weekend after being covered in 5 weeks worth of road grime andclart it cam out pretty well tbh.

thinking of ordering some citrus wash and iron x as well.

am trying to avoid using a mitt this time of year as paintwork is in such good nick.
And that the car just gets filthy within a few days anyway.

just wondering if I use iron x a citrus wash and my snowfoam how clean would it get my car and what order should I apply all?

am also presuming I car still won't be clean enough to dry with towel?

thanks
j

Why would you dry it with a towel if you are scared of washing it with a MIT?

Just use the MIT, once you've got the bulk of it off you'll be fine. Trying to dry it with that dirt still on is a recipe for disaster!

You can clean it with a strong TFR, degreaser, Tardis, iron x and then snow foam it til the cows come home. It'll be fairly clean, I'm sure, but will have no protection and thus leave the paint work open to the elements, undoing all of the previous cleaning and wasting money.

If you're that worried about the paint and using a mitt, just snow foam it with a ph neutral solution, or Citrus Power, presuming it has a decent amount of protection on it already...?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Why would you dry it with a towel if you are scared of washing it with a MIT?

Just use the MIT, once you've got the bulk of it off you'll be fine. Trying to dry it with that dirt still on is a recipe for disaster!

Thanks.
Well I tend to dab dry it with a towel so am not sweeping across.

So I should really not be a lazy arse and do it properly.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Just foam and jet off. Clean the wheels and tyres while your at it.

Thanks.
Well I tend to dab dry it with a towel so am not sweeping across.

So I should really not be a lazy arse and do it properly.

If you want to do anything else you should. Don't touch a dirty car with a drying towel lol.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Jamie, what protection has the car got currently

otherwise all as JD says

You can clean it with a strong TFR, degreaser, Tardis, iron x and then snow foam it til the cows come home. It'll be fairly clean, I'm sure, but will have no protection and thus leave the paint work open to the elements, undoing all of the previous cleaning and wasting money.

If you're that worried about the paint and using a mitt, just snow foam it with a ph neutral solution, or Citrus Power, presuming it has a decent amount of protection on it already...?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Jamie, what protection has the car got currently

otherwise all as JD says

Well the last time I washed it prior to snowfoaming it was the first time I washed the car so gave it a pretty good going over with iron x and a little clay (tho very little needed clayed.) Then finished with zymol vintage I think. (Used my cousins stuff)

i am guessing the iron x will strip that off? But I thought my autobrite magifoam was ph neutral so that shouldn't strip it off?

and as for the comment of drying a dirty car that is obvious i am trying to ask weather it would be clean enough to dab dry after a citrus wash iron x and snowfoam. Then it shouldn't be that dirty should it?? But I guess you are telling me it will stil be far too dirty to dab dry which is fair enough.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Wouldn't bother with Iron X unless you are going for the full monty on the car.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
not used vintage but didnt think it was a long term protector, more a show wax? correct me if im wrong. if im honest i still probably wouldnt risk it. just citrus rinse, snow foam and pressure rinse.

i think the drying woukd cause more damage than using the mit

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Ok guys gotcha

just out of comedy interest how good would a leaf blower be to dry it off lol