ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can you tell if a 182 has the cup suspension upgrade?

ST170
Just wondeing as I read a review where it stated that the cup upgrade included the darker alloys? My 182 has the alloys,but when I bought it (used) I didn't think it had had the upgrade. How can you tell?

* Yes, I realised I mis-typed the thread title thanks. D'oh!

Last edited:
Re: How can you tell a 12 has the cup suspension upgrade?

Need to go to Renault but even then thats not for sure.

Check the measurments from the strut bolts if the measurent is 60mm its got cup packs if its 54 its not got it.

To see the strut get the car on full lock

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR

Ive read about 6 threads now and each one says the same thing "60mm from the strut bolts". Sorry but its a bit vague, is this from the inner edges of the bolts, outer edges, the measurement from the top to bottom or left to right bolts?

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Re: How can you tell a 182 has the cup suspension upgrade?

After pondering over my car for a good 40 minutes ive coem to the conclusion you are actually refering to the hub, not the strut bolts.

Da

Less
It's the strut mounting bolts, that secure it to the hub. On Cup's or Cup-packed cars it is 60mm centre to centre of the two bolts.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Ive read about 6 threads now and each one says the same thing "60mm from the strut bolts". Sorry but its a bit vague, is this from the inner edges of the bolts, outer edges, the measurement from the top to bottom or left to right bolts?

Here

23062007051.jpg

www.renparts.co.uk

Sorry but its a bit vague, is this from the inner edges of the bolts, outer edges, the measurement from the top to bottom or left to right bolts?

lol as long as you measure to the same point on each bolt it won't matter.