ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can I tell if my water pump is going/gone?..

Flame Red 172!
Any ideas anyone?...does it make any 'special' kind of noise or anything?

Had my Aux belt and Cambelt done recently so i'm looking for something new to worry about!

Oh yeah and can anyone tell me if the timing belt is a separate entity to the aux belt etc...How many belts are there on these things?!?!?!

PARANOIA'S A B***H!!!

Last edited:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
noises could be anything normally a kind of tappy sound, or the pump could be leaking etc e.g. faild pump.
There are 2 belts both run by the crank, the cam belt is behind a cover behind the aux belt.

Flame Red 172!
Cheers mate,

Could be the tappy sort of noise I suppose coz I do have a strange noise coming from the drivers side of the engine bay...not constant though, kind of intermittant, how can I get a look at the pump?...THERE'S NO ROOM IN THE F*****G ENGINE BAY GODAMMIT!!!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
the better way is to look from under the car, from above you may just see it its down by the crank.
waterpump.jpg

The water pump is arrowed.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
if the water pump is away, your engine will most likely be overheating... especially at low revs.

this happened to mine when the impellor blades snapped off mine! It would start overheating, if i rev'd it above 4k it would flush the water round and cool it down to a normal temp.