ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How bad is the damage

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
Gutted...

Someone went into the back of me a couple of days ago. Just had a good look and realised it's damaged the bottom of the boot.

The other drivers insurance has agreed it's his fault so it's all paid for but I wanted to know the extent of the damage.

Attached some pics of the damage and it looks like the right hand side of the boot floor is higher than the left although the boot opens fine.

Is this likely to be a write-off? (it's a 53 2003 full fat 172 )

What should I be looking for after it's been repaired? Can the boot floor be replaced to look like new or is the repair likely to be visible?

Ta,

Andrew.

Attachments

• IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1454.JPG
    IMG_1454.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 127

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
No such thing as a FF 172

I'd want it to be a write of. i'd say thats fixable though.

Works...kind of...
The boot-pan looks quite suspect. But if the boot closes alright it shouldn't be a write-off.

To get it repaired properly, I can't see it being cheap.

Fiesta Zetec
This happened to me last year in my 2005 1.2. There wasnt even any visable damage from the outside and then I realised that the boot had been pushed in crushing the spare, had a whole new boot pan put in and new bumper, all through insurance.

Its no way going to be a write off

Punto/Clio GTT
might need a new back panel, cant tell with the bumper on, but the boot floor should pull out ok with a dozer or 1/4 power. bumpers an easy repair too.

definatly not a write off

mk4 golf gttdi180
could go on a jig but if it has a new floor pan id want rid of t as its trouble with that

as long as the repair price is no more than 60% of the price of the car it wont be ritten of