ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How are you meant to tension this cambelt tensioner? *pic inside*

Cro

Meg'd r27
More a question for the engine im stripping down currently but unlike the renault cambelt tensioner this doesn't have the slot so you know that it has been tensioned to the right amount

How are you supposed to know when it has been tensioned enough? The engine had belt slip and 8 valves bend sightly. To me this could well have been the cause, it wasn't anywhere near the position where I would have had tensioned a renault one

12ae3248.jpg

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Not sure what you mean mate? you use an allen key to rotate it untill that little triangle (3 o clock position) lines up with the notch (5 o clock position).

Have you not got the service manuals? it describes it all in there. Fire me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Steve

Cro

Meg'd r27
No no i'm dead on with that Stevie, any of mine have been grand. I should have taken a pic of the renault one too for reference. The allen key top part rotates, what looks like the second part below that with the notch in it does NOT and the part below that with the triangle does NOT.

Normally the top part with the allen key has a triangle in it to line up with that notch but this doesn't, so how would you know where to tension to is what i' saying

Cro

Meg'd r27
tensioner.jpg
Not sure who's this is but you can see here how just below 'A' there is a groove so you can line up and know when it is tensioned enough

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Just checked the workshop manual mate and it's definitely B and C (in the photo above) which you line up?

Lionel Richie
the allen key bit should ALWAYS end up at 12 o'clock, or just before it (notch and arrow will line up at this point)

if its not, regardless of the notch and aroow, DO NOT FIT

Cro

Meg'd r27
Maybe its just this tensioner then, the middle part (with the notch) doesn't move in the slightest. Had me stumped anyway