ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hot weather ... is your aircon working ?

monaco blue 172 ..
i need a new condenser and small bore pipe for mine , anyone have one ??, can get it gassed up then. clio 172 53 plate

FF 182
Aircon in the car is working an absolute treat.
Aircon in the van is not..... Holy hell its insanely hot sat in that thing, even with the windows open

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
AC in the car is working spot on, but after 35 degree heat in italy 2 weeks ago where it was genuinely needed I'm not wasting it on our petty weather :p Window down FTW

In the van however, not a bit of cold, and it's newer than the clio. Should take it in really but cba moving my stuff into a hire van while they fix/recon it.

133/225/CLS AMG
Well the 172s air con is hardly blowing any colder than the normal air does really but not fussed as I've got other bits to be done before its re-gassed.

Fortunately my 133 is blasting out the cold as is the Mrs 133.

I'm pretty sure my 225s needs it re-gassed but I'm in no rush with that.

133/225/CLS AMG
I did read that and think opening the windows and having the ac on I is pointless.

I assume the name air conditioning is such that it circulate the air and 'conditions it' to the temp you set. Rather than just pumping out cold.

That's my understanding anyway.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
our breakdown van at work doesn't have air con and the blowers don't work either so in traffic it is un real

Ly Megane 230 F1
air conditioning removes the moisture in the air through heat transfer..so if your in your car with the windows up theres less air for the air con to work on so it will work better and more efficient. If the windows are open theres always a constant change of air so itl never get to temperature! :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Got mine regassed saturday, it may not be the coldest system but it does the job!

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
nope!
every car ive bought with air con has needed it re gassing ffs.
still,its got me some cash off each purpose because owners are to lazy/tight to pay to get it done.
at least ive sold them all on with it working.clio next in line for re gas.:banghead:

320d
Think I'm going to get mine regassed. It works ok but it could be a lot colder. I love really good aircon. Unfortunately the aircon in Renaults is never any good. I've had three now and they've all been crap.

PB Clio 172
Think I'm going to get mine regassed. It works ok but it could be a lot colder. I love really good aircon. Unfortunately the aircon in Renaults is never any good. I've had three now and they've all been crap.

the air con in my Renault works very well, re gas it then !

172 Cup
windows down for me.. after my old car which was stuck on hot, just having blowers which I can turn off is a treat!

182 FF sport clio RB
Mines working a treat, so nice to read 30 Degrees outside and feel nice and cool in your car :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I swapped the damaged aircon radiator out on our phase 2 for a working one last year and had it regassed and its been fine since.
Our phase 1 I just regassed a couple of weeks ago when I was up at my mates garage and thats been fine as well.

So we're two out of two working with our aircon on the 172 front at the moment :)

Mk1 doesnt have it, and Ive moved the seat back so far you cant reach the handle to even open the window unless you undo the harness and lean forward to get to it, not good, lol