ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hot starting misfire

Focus rs
Guys I've got a small problem where whenever my car is started from cold it runs fine. However when i sometimes start it whilst its still hot it misfires badly for a minute or two and then it is fine again? I've had the codes read and it comes up as cylinder 4 misfire. I have already had all new plugs put in it and changed injector number 4?

Car is a FF 182?

Focus rs
I was aware that cylinder 4 is the cambelt end. I haven't changed the lead but would it not do it all the time not only when hot. I was leaning more towards heat soak of the coilpack?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
If the lead is breaking down it can do it at anytime really. Coilpack is another possibility. For the cost of plug leads and coilpack I'd just replace them both tbh. These cars are at that age where these things are past their peak.