ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hosepipe Adapters

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey Guys,

I bought a Nilfisk C130 last year and its a brilliant jetwash. Really love it.

The problem i have is with my hosepipe connectors.

If i turn the tap on more than 3/4 of a turn, when using the jetwash and then stopping causes the hosepipe connector to fly off which in turn causes the pump to speed up inside the jetwash until i can run over and turn it off. Then i have to fanny on connecting the hosepipe back to the jetwash.

Sometimes its the connector flying off the jetwash, sometimes the hosepipe flying out the back of the connectors.

They weren't too expensive which im guessing is probably part of the issue.

Does anyone use a really good solid set, that go really tight onto the hosepipe ? The ones i have can be fully tightened by hand which isnt that hard.

Ive seen this set on Amazon - http://amzn.to/2zaXLko

Was wondering if anyone had tried them or had another set they could recommend ?

Thanks in advance!
Sam!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ill have a look at them.

Do they screw up pretty tight on the hoses ?
Yrs mate, I've never had a problem.

What hose pipe do you have? The reason I ask is because the cheap hose pipe gas a thinner wall thicknesses so this could be your issue.

I use the hoselock fitting with the Hoselock hose pipe.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Yrs mate, I've never had a problem.

What hose pipe do you have? The reason I ask is because the cheap hose pipe gas a thinner wall thicknesses so this could be your issue.

I use the hoselock fitting with the Hoselock hose pipe.
It was just one i bought from B&Q.
Its green in colour. Came with all the accessories on a wind up reel thing. Its probably the shitty B&Q range.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I

It was just one i bought from B&Q.
Its green in colour. Came with all the accessories on a wind up reel thing. Its probably the shitty B&Q range.
Sounds like it is, well id start by replacing the hose fittings and go from there.

Hopefully that will sort you out. [emoji106]

Reactions: Sam