ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hornet exhaust

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Just some quick questions on the hornet exhaust as I'm looking too make some noise and these look quite easy too install wondering if anyone Has any experience with them.
As I say just looking too be a bit noisier as I have fitted an induction kit but only get a noise when accelerating.
Can you set them up too be recessed in the bumper as I don't like it hanging below the bumper. As it looks like they have an adjustable hanger

Secondly, after watching some videos on YouTube do you have too cut with an angle grinder then just join on to existing exhaust with no welding involved?

Car is a 2004(54) 1.6 k4m Clio

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
In 10 years you will look at some pedant in a Corsa with a dustbin hanging out the back which has just woken your toddler up (who was finally asleep in the back of your boring estate car) and think..... did I really think that was cool?

Ask me how I know :)

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Doesn't seem like the best place too get a response looks like a quiet forun, but thanks for help

monaco 172
I've just googled a clio hornet exhaust. Might aswel use a piece of scaffolding as the silencer looks almost as useful.

I bet it will sound terrible, hence the silly responses.

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
The silly responses are due to the fact people don't respect other people's opinions / choices

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Not quite but I think it sounds ok.
Bit of a gay one but all I can find , and I'm sure it will sound better on a 1.6 with an induction kit

monaco 172
Bit of a gay one but all I can find , and I'm sure it will sound better on a 1.6 with an induction kit

To be fair that does sound pretty good.

I think it's more the silly loud exhaust on a slow car what is the issue.

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
To be fair that does sound pretty good.

I think it's more the silly loud exhaust on a slow car what is the issue.
It not awful whereas I can't stand cherry bombs. No its never going too sound like a 1*2 with a Ktec setup with a decat that is not my aim, these have a nice little rasp to them, is there any other recommendations only looking too change backbox

Good because that 172 Cup is the biggest sack of s**t I have ever heard.

The YouTube clip makes me feel very old as I was doing similar but maybe 15 years ago :(

Looks pretty universal, so if your not confident in doing it then I'm sure a garage wouldn't charge a massive amount but make sure you don't trip over the tailpipe and have it sat in and pick if you want it recessed or not. Alternatively get a made to fit sportex or something as I'm sure it'll be similar

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
I'm confident in doing it just want it recessed which looking at the picture it looks like it is slightly adjustable
And no I wouldn't want too be tripping over it would be an inch or so sticking out max
IMG_20181219_213720.JPG

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

Why the attitude?

Looks s**t, sounds s**t will piss everyone off you go near and make you look like a gigantic chav.

Regards to recessed bumper - you can pretty much achieve anything with a grinder, a welder and a little time.

Why not bank the money and buy a 172/182?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
The silly responses are due to the fact people don't respect other people's opinions / choices

This is utter rubbish. I don't have to respect your opinions or choices. If this were the case everyone would just walk around looking at the floor just in case the offended anyone.

I would rather someone told me I was making a mistake, before I made the mistake. Ultimately its your car and cash - do what you want but don't get teary eyed when people tell you its daft.

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Well whatever anyone else thinks the hornet is installed and I like it , after being told by the manufacturer that I wouldn't be able too recess it there was no reason why I couldn't do it, although half the pipe is still below but better than all below the bumper. You were right @Chris_Beer, thanks , haven't been out for a drive as clutch is slipping but will get a video when that's done
IMAG0025.jpg
IMAG0022.jpg

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Yeah regarding how much it sticks out dont know why every one of these ive seen are hanging out the back so far there's so much adjustment really easy install only took 2 hours

2005 Clio Mk2
Well whatever anyone else thinks the hornet is installed and I like it , after being told by the manufacturer that I wouldn't be able too recess it there was no reason why I couldn't do it, although half the pipe is still below but better than all below the bumper. You were right @Chris_Beer, thanks , haven't been out for a drive as clutch is slipping but will get a video when that's done View attachment 1404162View attachment 1404163
Hi mate, I just got a clio and I've been recommended this exhaust, did you need to weld it? And was it easy to install with basic tools?

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Yeah really easy. No welding involved, just cut the exhaust in front of the rear beam then slide on. Bit of exhaust paste And a 2 inch exhaust clamp