ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horn Not Working (Test Voltage Question & Picture request)

421 Cammed 172
The horn on my 172 has packed up and its MOT time so I need to get it sorted pretty quick.

It's been hanging loose as the bolt that was holding it in rattled loose so when i removed it today i emptied about 2 shots worth (50ml) of water out of the horn. I tested it anyway just incase but all I had was some amplifier remote wire handy so I would like to know if this would carry enough voltage to the horn for it to beep if it was working.

If not I'll just replace it, speaking of which if anyone has a picture of how the horn is mounted as standard I'd appreciate being able to have a look at it.

Thanks

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Mines the same at the moment there a positive going to it when the horn is pressed but horn not working:(

How much are replacement horns and where to buy them??

421 Cammed 172
Ive had one from cliospares mate for less than £20.

Cheers BMH.01 :)

Just a pic needed now

172 exclusive
the original horn is earth return ie earthed via the bracket make sure its clean and the air intake duct bracket isnt isolating the bracket to the horn .
some mot testers dont like air horns full stop regardless of how many horns its got and will fail it as i found out ,its only been fitted since 2001 !!
check hazard switch works as well with and without ignition on ,it gets overlooked
mick