ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hoping to join the club soon!

Clio 172
Hi guys,

Firstly let me say that despite in my younger days often being referred to as a 'Boy racer' I'm not really that clued up when it comes to cars, and certainly not the inner workings of them (which my disgust some of you purist here I know! :D). With that said though I have always had a soft spot for the ClioSport, and I'm very excited at the prospect of finally owning one soon.

I remember being an eighteen years old kid crusing around in my new 1.2 Clio, and having a bit of a longing to one day own the V6. One of my mates happened to have a Clio Sport at the time and I remember calling BS when he claimed there wasn't that much difference in his car and the beastly 3.2 V6. So he said he'd show me. He was parked facing the upward slant of a really steep incline and I remember being blown away as he floored it up the hill faster than my little Dynamique could have done going the opposite way!...ever since then I've been a fan of the ClioSport.

Like I mentioned above I'm not really that clued up and want to make sure I am not being sold a dud (I've heard some horror stories) and if possible it would be great if I show some potential Clio's I'm looking at on Auto trader etc and some of you more knowledgeable guys tell me if there is anything amiss, and which one looks the best for my modest budget?

Anyway, nice to be here on a great forum for a great car, and I'm sure you'll see more of me, especially when I do get the car! :)

Cheers,
Lee

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Welcome to the forum chap. Wait around a while and find one for sale on here. Maybe with a bit of background from the forum.
Good luck

Clio 172
Cheers for the welcome lads.

Welcome to the forum chap. Wait around a while and find one for sale on here. Maybe with a bit of background from the forum.
Good luck

In theory mate this would be great, but I tend to get a bit impatient lol. I've been saving for a good six months and finally have enough in the budget to get one (up to a 2004 anyway), but I made the mistake of looking in the shop window.... and now I want to go in! :S