ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda S2000... y0

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
People hate Rotas because they're fakes though?

Not because of the way they look.

I know that, but do you not think its a slightly daft view to take. They look the same. Only the owner of the wheels knows the difference, & yet is £1500 poorer. Clearly this isnt a car designed to go quickly round corners, so he wont be after the weight saving of going genuine ;)

Just makes me giggle inside thats all.

Emperors new clothes, etc.

In the end I bottled the idea of a bright colour and went for matte bronze. Left the painter with pictures of what I was after, but to be honest I don't think I really like the colour. Too dark and more brown than bronze - not what I had in my head really. I'll give it a few weeks to see if I come round to them but can see me having them painted again.

photo_zps3d1c0ffe.jpg

Fitting them with these...

photo_zps189e5f89.jpg

Photo's fitted to the car coming up.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I know that, but do you not think its a slightly daft view to take. They look the same. Only the owner of the wheels knows the difference, & yet is £1500 poorer. Clearly this isnt a car designed to go quickly round corners, so he wont be after the weight saving of going genuine ;)

Just makes me giggle inside thats all.

Emperors new clothes, etc.

I want to buy some Rotas, and put Genuine Rays Centre Caps and Stickers on them and watch CS' head explode :D

Disastra Coupe
Looks smart... I'd like to see either the front down a bit or the rear up a bit though. Looks a little arse down?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That looks stupendous. Truly. Wheels, colour, stance just perfect. Roof down for the pics help though! ;)

Need more!

Thanks for the nice comments chaps, appreciate it. I wish I liked the colour as much as you lot seem to, still not sold. They look like chocolate. I'll get some more photo's when the weather clears up, I've done a few more little bits and bobs too.

Looks smart... I'd like to see either the front down a bit or the rear up a bit though. Looks a little arse down?

You're spot on mate, been meaning to get round to raising the rear about 5mm for about a week now. I'd have preferred to just lower the front slightly but I'm already scrubbing on the speed bumps at work so the rear needs to come up instead.

That looks stupendous. Truly. Wheels, colour, stance just perfect. Roof down for the pics help though! ;)

Need more!

Noted! :)

I've had it around 8 months and can count on one hand how many times the roof has been down haha. The fact it's a convertible is my only gripe with it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Just gets better and better! How's the insurance on these? Got me looking at them!

People say theyre bad but from my experience not as bad as I thought. For me at 28 they cost the same to insure as a 330d!

Disastra Coupe
People say theyre bad but from my experience not as bad as I thought. For me at 28 they cost the same to insure as a 330d!

It is actually spoke about already if people go back a couple of pages... But anyway - before i ended up with the 330ci i was getting quotes of around £1500 for an s2k iirc (25, 8 years ncb, clean licence). Which imo is f**king ridiculous! I pay half that for the Beemer and i'm being ripped off at that, it's only because i just opted to switch car's on my policy til it's due, then i'll shop around properly.

I do like the s2k's, a lot... But the insurance is madness, i'd have one on the drive by now otherwise.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Just checked... 4 years NCB 22 years old £1700, not as bad as I thought to be honest, however more than double what I pay on the 320D!

I win...1NCB 21 year old £1643 Admiral, Ironically more then a v8 vantage at £1450