ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda S2000... y0

Lusted after one of these since I was 17, as soon as I turned 21 and was able to insure one, I started looking. After a brief stint with a LY 200 I found this and couldn't resist. It's all the car I thought it would be and more, I love it!

There are some terrible pictures in this post. Bare with me, it will get better :approve:

Driving her home for the first time
photo_zpsf48828da.jpg

Got it home and threw a bucket over it
photo2_zpsdbddc774.jpg

I went a little under budget on buying the car, so I bought coilovers the same day as the car. I went for Buddyclub N+ spec dampers. They get good reviews for the money and although I haven't got them properly set up yet, I'm happy so far. The following weekend I set about fitting them. I'd only ever fitted coilovers to a MK1 MX-5 in the past and it was a ballache, but the S2000 was a doodle. It only took me a few hours in total.

photo2-7.jpg

photo1-8.jpg

photo3-6.jpg

I was a bit optimistic with the "lows" at first and it took me about 20 minutes to get the car out of the garage which has a step less than an inch.

photo2-6.jpg

photo1-6.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

Had to raise it slightly as I have speed bumps in my works car park. This was also my first chance to attempt some half decent photo's.

photo5-1.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

photo_zpsafc6c75a.jpg

Thanks for looking so far, plenty more to come.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm really not that keen on them but that looks bloody lovely!!!

F*CK ME YOU ARE NOT HELPING IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM!

WANT WANT WANT.

I just posted a really objective comment in a Z4 vs S2000 thread but that can piss right off now.

Missing the VX at all?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Can't wait til I'm 21 lol.

Stunning pal.

Must have set you back a pretty penny! Unforunately I'll only be able to afford an early one, going to get a Silverstone grery with red leather though to make the most of it.

I imagine insurance is still way over a grand for it?

Leon Cupra 300
Looks awesome. I can't get over how much better the facelift cars look! Those wheels are lovely, too.

Headlights had yellow'd a little so I got the DA onto them. Here's a comparison

EB0A30AF-AAA5-476C-A041-BEC3A33B9576-3962-000002D6097FEE29_zpseee45a74.jpg

I also bought a set of side diffusers from an American forum user. I don't have any pictures of them on my car but they're the same as below. I've fitted mine so that they stick out slightly less though.

FE27D7FE-62B4-4798-AA48-CF95065B2E96-3962-000002D5E3B6BE3E_zpsf86525ce.jpg

Mini Cooper S
Car looks awesome! Keep it nice and simple and you're onto a winner. Those wheels look great for standard.

S4 Avant
How much is the insurance out of curiosity? I'm 24 with 5 years no claims, and even I was being quoted £2000+ on an S2000

F*ck that, it was only £1600 to be insured on a gallardo!