ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda S2000 BBS LM - 3DS Max model

Titanium 182
As part of my uni project this year I need to make a model and animate a car using a program called 3DS max, I decided to go with a car I've always wanted (not too ambitious, either) - a Honda S2000. Here's a quick render of it to see what you guys think of it;

ChallengerandS2000.jpg

I've lowered the opacity of the headlights so they now have less reflectivity, also increased the windows opacity. Got rid of the horrible light grey slats in the front grille so they're now a lot darker. I want to change the colour of the paintwork slightly too, but mainly what do you guys think of the wheels? Too big? I think the front ones need less of a lip and perhaps more camber on the back to pull of the look I'm going for!

The Dodge Challenger is my coursemates model, try and ignore it lol :)

330 Ci
Looks good - you need to add a fabric map to the seats as the colour looks too vivid and theres not enough detail.

Can you add focal depth? I've never used Smax, instead preffering ImageStudio (Autodesk)... it'll help the image look allot more lifelike, as at present the edges are too sharp. I usually "blur" it in Photoshop if the rendering package can't offer it (using guasian blur and multiple layers).

The wheels look insane - 24" ish! I'd try an overall reduction of 20% for something more believable.

Other than that it looks good! What course are you doing?

Titanium 182
Don't pay too much attention to the lighting of the render/quality - this was a test shot, the actual hand in is of an animation so nothing like this - I agree on the seats tho, I'll find a suitable fabric for them :)

Yeah I've definitely decided I'm going to reduce the size of the wheels, although I think the rear poke is fine - perhaps the angle is off as the tread is inline with the arch!

Oh and I'm studying Transport Design at the University of Huddersfield - take it you're doing a similar design course?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Looks amazing but to be picky i would make wheels a bit smaller , little less dish and camber on rears

If possible maybe tyre stretch look i dont know if you can as im not clued up on these sort of programmes

Titanium 182
Tyre stretch would be relatively easy to do if I did it from the start, but remodelling the tyre, although only a small part is a massive ballache at this stage of the project - I could just rescale it but still, meh :) next time tho pal ;)

I messed around with the size and width of the wheels, but everytime I rescaled them smaller they looked lost in the arches, going by actual pictures of S2000's these wheels are about right - maybe 18/19" - I think the perspective of the first photo just distorts it a little;

frontquarter.jpg

rearview.jpg

rearview2.jpg

Rear numberplate to be added, windscreen opacity to be increased and then I'm ready to start the 2days worth of animation starting tomorrow morning :)

Golf
Great renders there!

Just stumbled across this thread when looking for some BBS rims for 3DS.

I am wondering if you are willing to share the model? If so, they will be used for personal use only, to see what they'll look like on a Golf Mk5 model I have.

If not then that's fine,

thanks.

Daniel.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Nice clean model!... what you rendring with? Vray? Mental Ray??..

Not sure if you already have, but add the brake detail and inner wings, this way you will avoid the light shining through the wheels, you will also get better shadows.

Keep at it mate, I always find the more I keep adding to my models and the more I tweek the settings, the better the final images become...

Chris