ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Homemade induction kit.

Shame people are putting such s**t filters on the end. Do it properly and order an itg filter from merlin Motorsport.

Flamer ph2 172
I used a samco 70mm induction bend with a ash polished 90 deg bend and ash 70 mm silicone coupling with a ram air filter and that was bloody big it's got a 150 mm base width, had to take the battery out and that was a bloody tight fit but as long as you have a 063 battery it does fit, will try and get a pick up latter on iPad at the mo and it won't let me upload photos

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would love to do this with my Ramair Filter but its way too big next to a normal size filter

Induction001.gif

2v0d76g.gif

This surely can't be correct, how are folk paying so little? Such a setup should cost nigh on £150 iirc?

BHP to the people...

LOL.

People will be selling DIY induction kits for the clio on ebay soon, bit like when they started selling the skoda splitter for £5 more but marketed at a clio.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Shame people are putting such s**t filters on the end. Do it properly and order an itg filter from merlin Motorsport.

yes and no. s**t filters are s**t. ITG cone filters have no structure so get squashed easily, and sucked in/flat with significant power. Had one on my mk1, disposed of it onto a Micra for the LOLZ. Not a fan of any ITG stuff really, their panel filtrs are too thick and massively over oiled (I'm talking thick treacle like oil) so they lose you power,

clio 182
I used a samco 70mm induction bend with a ash polished 90 deg bend and ash 70 mm silicone coupling with a ram air filter and that was bloody big it's got a 150 mm base width, had to take the battery out and that was a bloody tight fit but as long as you have a 063 battery it does fit, will try and get a pick up latter on iPad at the mo and it won't let me upload photos

Does the radio re set when u take the batt out.

Flamer ph2 172
Does the radio re set when u take the batt out.
Mines got an after market stereo, it proberly will reset but as long as your have got the radio code it won't matter it should be on your hand book, if not there are links on here to get a radio code just search for it

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
How did u make that fit.

I moved the battery back... I will say its a tight fit , cost me bout 8 notes as I get the stainless for free n the forge pipe was on the car already all I bought was a new reducer wich is blue instead of the black 1 ..... Sounds much better than my old simota 1 I had

1.2 Clio Dynamique
Bloody hell, I seen the title of the thread I thought it was the old standard filter out and a pair of tights in lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There really is no need for a massive filter, some of the ones in this thread are the size I have used on 600bhp applications in the past.

The small pipercross the rs2 kit uses is ideal for 200bhp or so, in fact I have one on my turbo and its still not particularly restrictive.

clio 182
There really is no need for a massive filter, some of the ones in this thread are the size I have used on 600bhp applications in the past.

The small pipercross the rs2 kit uses is ideal for 200bhp or so, in fact I have one on my turbo and its still not particularly restrictive.

Cheers mate, I'm gunna try a smaller one then.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

yep seemed to be mighty fine, even covered in oil! lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
yep seemed to be mighty fine, even covered in oil! lol.

Yeah that old turbo engine was self lubricating by the time it was dieing. Front end of that car will never rust. LoL.

Building a new one this winter. Same spec probably more or less. Just in better nick.

PB Clio 172
I loved your filter chip, I could see the oil on top of the filter ! :p oh and the oil you left in the car park lol