ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home Internet Help :)

Adam, I have successfully installed Tunnelblick and added the configuration files as per instructions. Added OpenVPN to my account and connected with no problems.

Am I right in thinking I no longer ever need to connect by the previous method? I like the Tunnelblick setup because you can choose which server to connect to really easily, without having multiple setups in OSX's VPN configs.

BTW I went for the 160 bit rather than 256 bit. Presume that's ok? Giganews say its faster than 256?

I have to say this OpenVPN seems hyper-fast.

Virgin Media 100mb + Giganews Diamond + VyprVPN + NAT + OpenVPN + Cisco E4200 = faster than light internets.

Tesla MP3 2021
Adam, I have successfully installed Tunnelblick and added the configuration files as per instructions. Added OpenVPN to my account and connected with no problems.

Am I right in thinking I no longer ever need to connect by the previous method? I like the Tunnelblick setup because you can choose which server to connect to really easily, without having multiple setups in OSX's VPN configs.

BTW I went for the 160 bit rather than 256 bit. Presume that's ok? Giganews say its faster than 256?

I have to say this OpenVPN seems hyper-fast.

Virgin Media 100mb + Giganews Diamond + VyprVPN + NAT + OpenVPN + Cisco E4200 = faster than light internets.

Nice one, see I knew it made sense ;)

Yeah you wont need to use any of those previous connection methods, you may as well delete them from OSX. Yeah I am just using 160 bit, its obviously not as secure but I would prefer to keep the higher speeds.

Thanks for the help and advice :)

I noticed some fluctuation in a more recent download this evening (family photos from a friend's server). Kinda rising and stalling. I'll keep an eye on it in the future. Overall though it just shredded VM's STM.

Tesla MP3 2021
No probs.

Yeah keep an eye on it, if it drops and keeps cutting out then log it with Giganews, they have pretty decent support.

I've had to use Giganews support before, and TBH I was amazed. Total personal service 24/7. Polite and helpful. No bulls**t, and the guys were obviously experts, not operators.

IMO they are the the premier provider. Based on their current performance, I would never leave them.

Their guys were persistent, and wanted to help me more than I wanted their help. They wanted to resolve my issues, and knew what they needed to do in order to do so. Best customer service I have ever experienced.