ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home cinema advice

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Have had a panasonic set up for many years now in my room at home but now buying my own house and think that the panasonic wont really be powerful enough for a decent sized living room. Plus the built in dvd has stopped working.

So im thinking of getting a separates set up, Not really decided on a budget yet as im not really sure how much i need to spend to get something decent?

So any advice on amps/speakers etc would be handy!

Cheers

SQ5
Pioneer VSX 921 as a cheap decent amp
Sony Blu Ray
I'd go for another Panasonic TV

Speakers you can pay such a variant of price for

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Got a ps3 for blu ray duties for now, and will be using my philips ambilight tv. Mainly the speakers and amp im needing. Quite like the denon 1912 amp but not sure what speakers to use with it. are ceiling mounted speakers any good as rears?

SQ5
Yea as long as they are a decent make. Bowers and Wilkins in ceiling start at £200 a pair and they are good for the price.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i run a panasonic G10 50inch plasma and my sound set up is:

denon 1910 AV amp
wharfedale diamond 10.1 front speakers
10.0 rear speakers
bi-amped the front speakers with some big ass cables
wharfedale diamond subwoofer

granted its not a cheap set up tbh, but its better sounding than anyone elses i have heard and it looks the nuts. ( matches my furniture lol) made of walnut with gloss black fronts. they come in other colours too

when i bought it the sound set up alone cost me about £1300, theyve since brought out newer versions so im pretty sure you can get good deals on the speakers etc now.