ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holy Doors Batman! Quite Urgentish.

ph1 172... Sold:(
Hi.

I've just removed the bump strips from my car to give them a clean, as they're ph1 grainy plastic and full of old polish and wotnot.

The recesses in the doors and rear-body are, predicatably, full of sh1t.

Am I okay to wash this off as normal? Can excess water drain from inside the doors?

S.

Last edited:
Anyone?

I really don't mean to nag or be impatient but I want to get them back on before it goes dark...:eek:

S.

ps edited 1st post so it makes sense, and this one to say that I've done so...

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
id wash it but trying to avoid getting water or spraying water directly at the holes.

Punto/Clio GTT
tape the holes up?

actually nah, logical stuff that requires common sense is too complex for the average cliosporter

tape the holes up?

actually nah, logical stuff that requires common sense is too complex for the average cliosporter

Tape over holes, tape over dirt, ergo whole activity becomes pointless. Where would be the sense, common or otherwise, in that?

Unless you know of any tape that can magically suspend itself in mid air and form a watertight seal with the material next to it...?

In one post you try and insult me and, by insinuation, the 'average cliosporter'.

Go for a drive. Watch some p**n, whatever, dont spam my thread for no f'kin reason.

S.

ps have you seen my post count? I'm nowhere near an average cliosporter.

Give it a wipe with a damp cloth, any water that gets inside will drain out of the bottom of the door

Now that's better, a nice sensible answer and the method that I have actually used in the meantime, using a quite strong shampoo soloution ala' claying, but not too much at a time, and a microfibre cloth.

Thanks David for taking the time to give a nice reasonable and intelligent answer, if only everyone could manage it, eh;)

the doors may actually have small holes at either side for water to drain so id say its not a problem! Ignore the dickheads lol

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Was just going to mention the drain holes, but make sure they are not blocked with s**t also

ive had no bumpstrips on for 3 months now and its been driven in hard rain and washed alot, had no probs yet it seems to just drain out

ive had no bumpstrips on for 3 months now and its been driven in hard rain and washed alot, had no probs yet it seems to just drain out

I did recall seeing some pics of your car, but couldn't remember who's it was in order to ask.

Job's done now all so no more need to worry.

S.