ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holes in bumpers

Clio 172 ph2
This is random guys but honestly want to know the whole purpose of drilling holes in the front and rear bumpers?

I can maybe get the just of the front bumper with holes for cooling but why the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This is random guys but honestly want to know the whole purpose of drilling holes in the front and rear bumpers?

I can maybe get the just of the front bumper with holes for cooling but why the rear?

Scene points

Clio 172 ph2
9a7fda7ca373e3febfa31e96e4b71fe0.jpeg

Like this

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
It's to reduce drag at the rear ain't it? Something that's probably come from the 1/4 mile at a time crew

Clio 172 ph2
080f56d47014b10a0ea771d304b00359.jpeg
Have also seen them like this so a take it thatnitsbto reduce drag etc

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Front for cooling and rear to stop the back bumper acting as a parachute. Thats the theory behind it, how well it works i dont know as i know alot more goes on with aerodynamics and the flow of air and im sure car manufacturers wouldnt let every cars rear bumper act as a parachute.....scene points and because racecar...i might drill some