ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hole in sump..ph1 172 sump same as any other models?

E92 330
:( basically i pulled up on the drive tonight and there was a loud pop, almost like a backfire. As i got out the car noticed a trickle of oil, i reversed back and found the sump had emptied its self all over the drive. gutted.

So.. i need a sump, whats the best way to source one.

Is a ph1 172 sump the same as any other model? Anyone know anywhere that will have one.

Im going to get a garage to fit as i understand the engine need hoisting, just need to source a sump.

Any help appreciated.

E92 330
ive just read another thread that said the engine needs lifting and subframe needs lowering, im not a mechanic so im not entirely sure what this involves.

alien green rs133
renault are pretty cheap for sumps tbh,

jack engine up as far as it will go, taking slam panel off helps, if it has aircon.

wedge somethign under top engine mount to keep it up.

drop subframe 3-5" and sump will come out.

alien green rs133
dont look for much change outta 200, i thought it was reasonable tbh

sounds easy, its a c**t.

ph1 black 172
get your one repaired if its holed or cracked!!!! any good alloy welder will sort it out.
depends if you can go without the car for a few days longer than just changing it over

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Exactly as said, Get it welded, if its a hole, weld a decient patch inside to fit the hole, When my engine was moved from the transport car to my garage, my bro let the engine crane down to fast and dropped the engine (full of oil) right on its sump, put a hole in it, i had to weld it up, its fine now..

hmh

Renault Clio RS 172 ph1
Recently made a hole in my sump too. I didn't expect it could break so easily. Honda steel sump for example would survive 10 such impacts w/o major problems - just a slight bend of steel. I had a spare sump from Espace 2.0 F4R and had it fitted. Also had my old sump argon-welded to be safe for future.